The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Here's an interesting promotion.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Would they be called Ray guns?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-11-13 22:26, MagicSanta wrote:
I checked and the bank has a licensed and applies for the permit (not sure of the term but if I use the wrong term the gun nuts will freak out) or whatever for the gun to be 'sold'. The guns were vaulted several miles away, again Michael had to negotiate to film him getting the rifle.

I think you're (intentionally?) missing my point. I was just saying that a bank giving a gun away seems funnier to me than a truck dealership doing the same. Whether it is an actual gun, or certificate for a gun, or whatever, it doesn't really change anything the way I see it.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2010-11-13 22:39, MagicSanta wrote:
Would they be called Ray guns?

LOL.. That is correct! LOL

Ray (Guns)
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-11-13 22:57, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-13 22:26, MagicSanta wrote:
I checked and the bank has a licensed and applies for the permit (not sure of the term but if I use the wrong term the gun nuts will freak out) or whatever for the gun to be 'sold'. The guns were vaulted several miles away, again Michael had to negotiate to film him getting the rifle.

I think you're (intentionally?) missing my point. I was just saying that a bank giving a gun away seems funnier to me than a truck dealership doing the same. Whether it is an actual gun, or certificate for a gun, or whatever, it doesn't really change anything the way I see it.

It changed a lot the way the audience of BFC saw it, because the reality is that the actual guns were issued after a background check; the "documentary" version was that people walked in off the street, and walked out moments later with a gun.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Actually I didn't get it and it wasn't intentional. I'm not a gun person and wouldn't take a free one if offered. I tried to shoot a bow at a laptop and missed.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I wrote "God Bless America...?" in my original post because I found this to be humorous - it fulfills such an American stereotype (which is even more evident living overseas, where I hear what people think of the us in the states.) Buy a truck (quite the American vehicle to have) and get a gun (quite the American thing to own.) As people have noticed, I don't like guns, but I didn't post this to hate on gun owners. I posted it merely because I found it humorous and quite "American." It's like giving away apple pie at a baseball game, only on a whole different level.

And Hank - I've got two loving parents, but thank you for your offer. The next time I'm in your neck of the woods I'll stop by and we can do...whatever it is people do in Winnemucca. Maybe hit up a brothel? Day trip to Elko? I've got family there. I think.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Happy Hank
View Profile
New user
Winnemucca, NV
34 Posts

Profile of Happy Hank
Brothels & gambling! Don't let the desert fool you, it is a good time! dune buggy, rock climbing, skeet shooting...this isn't vegas or branson, but there is entertainment here and a need for it and if you feel kooked up, your only a few hours drive away from San Fran, LA, and Mexico. The taxes aren't bad here in the cool side of hell too ;-)

HH
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Sign me up for the dune buggy. That sounds like a good time!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Here's an interesting promotion.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL