The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » London is so vast... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Hello,

As you know, if you are a good english mentalist : Mark Salem will be in London from April 30th to June 9th at the New Ambassador Theatre (near Leicester square).
I'd love to see his famous mind games on 10th May.
Do you know a not too epxansive hotel for my wife and I ?

Have you ever seen Mark Salem ?
If you live in London or not too far it could be an occasion to meet you. I'm always happy to meet new mentalists or magicians.
Let me know.

Best,
Fred Darevil

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
Fred,

I've booked my ticket for the 4th May. This will be the first time I have seen Marc so am very much looking forward to it!

Can't help much with the hotels, but most are quite expensive. You could check out this website. http://www.in-london.co.uk

Hope it helps.
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Thank you Bear,

Isn't it strange ? I signed my first message with 2 "beers" and who answered the first ? A "bear" !...

Please tell me if you liked the show before I go. Thank you for the web address.
Best,
Fred
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Even the cheap hotels in London are expensive, and they are pretty dire!

But, someone told me recently there is a Travelodge in London and that may well be worth checking out. There will probably be a web page.

Paul Hallas.
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
Mentioning Travelodges has just reminded me that there is one about 10 minutes walk from where I work in the City. If you are interested Fred, let me know & I'll walk around there and find out the telephone number. Bear in mind though that it's about 20-25 minutes away from the theatre on the underground.
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Thank you

What is the difference between an hotel and a "travelodge" (this name isn't in my dictionary..) ?
Best,
Fred Smile
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I have on a few occasions stayed at the Apollo Hotel, in the Bayswater area (north of Hyde Park). It's very modest accommodation, but as inexpensive as you're likely to find in a clean place in London. It's a couple of blocks from the Queensway tube station. Ring them on +44 (0)20 7727 3066 or e-mail them at apollohotel@btinternet.com for their current rates. I have no connection with them, other than as an occasional customer.

There are also several Travel Inns in the London area; they're a very nice budget chain, though their London properties (at about £75/room) are 50% more expensive than elsewhere in the UK.

Note to Fred: "Travelodge" is an hotel brand name (like "Marriott", "Hilton", and "Travel Inn").

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Martin Joseph
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Martin Joseph
Fred,

Make sure you look over Ian Rowland's guides to London from his website, they're great to give you an idea of what to expect and how to survive our capital. There are three on there covering different subjects. I'm pretty sure you can find them in his vault section along with some other fun articles.

Regards,
Martin Colclough.
Dr Omni
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of Dr Omni
Fred - To get a discounted rate on London hotels, visit http://www.lastminute.com

Foreign tourism to London has been down since 11th September last year, so London hotels are offering 30%-50% off deals, available on that website.

Also, I'd be very pleased to meet up with you on your London visit. If you'd like to have lunch or a drink with me, please e-mail me at d.botsford@ntlworld.com

(The same goes, of course, for all other posters at this chatroom, wherever they're from.)
Hypnotist and mentalist.
Websites: www.corporatemedservices.co.uk
www.doctoromni.com
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
If anybody is interested, I'm coming down to London on May 4. (I'm staying in a really swanky hotel in the west end, but my wife is paying, so what do I care?) I'll be meeting up with Marc Salem and Uri Geller a few times during my visit, then Ian Rowland and I will be at Marc's show on Tuesday the 7th - if you see me there, I'd be delighted if you say hello and buy me a beer.

Drew
grieve
View Profile
New user
Austin, Texas
37 Posts

Profile of grieve
Hello!
Have a beer on me. Smile

Wait, you meant at the show didn't you? Smile

grieve
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
As promised, details of Travelodges...

Telephone 44-8700 850 950

It is possible to book online at http://www.travelodge.co.uk
The nearest branch to theatre is London City (with underground journey as mentioned before). Cost is about £80 per day for 2 people.
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Thank you very much to all of you !

A special mention to Bear who gave much more than the "bear-minimum" (a Larry Becker's joke !..)

MY GOD !!!!!!!! LONDON IS EVEN MORE EXPANSIVE THAN NEW YORK ! £80.00 for one night ???? Smile Smile Smile

I'm now going to test my power of persuasion on my wife... £80.00 ? It's really nothing darling !

Thanks again,
Fred
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » London is so vast... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL