The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Finally! a correctly made Zombie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Finally! a correctly made Zombie

This is the only Zombie on the market now that is made correctly since Abbotts stopped making their own. (with the exception of Owen’s rolls-royce version)

It is of very high quality, the traditional size, lightweight, the seam has a flange to secure the halves, and a deep collar to avoid any wobble, polished to a gleaming shine.

I believe they come from Italy, and they far surpass anything made anywhere these days at a very, very fair price.

The only thing I might upgrade is the actual gimmick.

Magically,
Walt

http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=1274

Viking Mfg Co./Collector's Workshop Tel: (956)380-3929
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Walt,

It looks great and it's not very expensive for a professional prop.

I might misunderstand since I don't own the effect, neither I have information about different Zombies in the shop out there, but I don't like the seam on the ball.

I would prefer a Zombie ball without the seam running around the ball.

Oliver.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Hello Oliver,

All aluminum Zombie Balls have a seam, it's necessary because you can only use metal spinning to fabricate a hemisphere.

The granddaddy of them all, the Abbott's had one too. The issue if how tight and closed the seam is, that's why a flange is so crucial and something the most popular(cheap) ones don't have.

The quality of a metal ball is far better and more professional than any other material, and I hope not to hear the cheap xmas argument again.

If you want professional quality, it's the Viking or the Owen (at $125).

I promise if you are doing this correctly the audience will never see the seam, if they do, you're not doing a good job. In twenty year no one has ever noticed mine.

Magically,
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Most magicians want a ball that comes apart. Why, this facilitates a finale made popular by Dicky Dean of Canada and the late great Neil Foster of the USA.

Dicky Dean finale was the production of a huge flash of fire when the sphere was separated.

Neil Foster finale was a double production of 2 huge bouquets of colorful spring flowers.

I am sure it would be possible for a great machinist to fabricate a seemless ball, but when he tells you the price, you will loose all interest in getting one. I say this because I have seen many seamless tubes with a seam on the inside and none on the outside. I have also seen a steel seemless hollow sphere at a home decoration store.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
That is really pretty Walt. Looks just like my old Abbott's.

As stated above, the seam is invisible from stage. Frankly, if they can see the seam, you're way too close. For the record, Zombie has never been a good table hopping trick Smile

Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Finally! a correctly made Zombie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL