The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » "Gypsy Rope Escape" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Hey guys, could someone please pm me with the lengths for the Gypsy Rope Escape. I can can't find my Falkenstein and Willard tape and I've misplaced my ropes.

Thanks,

Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Hi Jeb

My daughter and I have performed Gypsy Rope Escape for a number of years and I am not sure there is really a certain length to be used. It really depends on how many times you want to wrap the rope around your assistant and do you stop at the waist or continue down to the knees. You will have to experiment and see what works best for you. Do a search on You-Tube for Gypsy Rope Escape and you will see what I mean.

Have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
That's how Qua-Fiki and I worked out the length of the rope he uses. We started with an overly long rope, did the tie and then cut off the excess afterwards, fixing the ends of the rope so they wouldn't fray.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Yep, that's what we're going to have to do. We found that the lengths that Falkenstein and Willard used on their tape worked perfectly for us, but I wrote down the lengths, so we'll just have to experiment again because I've misplaced the ropes we've been using for years. Alas. Thanks all.

Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » "Gypsy Rope Escape" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL