We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best thumb tip book or video? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Although I've talked about it on other areas of the Café, I would like to mention Jeff MacBrides video download (about 10 - 11 minutes) on the thumb tip. I downloaded this one quite recently. The technique is pretty basic, but he describes a nice, practical routine that gives an up-beat reason for using a rainbow streamer. The routine includes the appearance and transition of the rainbow streamer, ending with a give-away. I found Jeff's performance style using the TT to be of interest, too. For 5 bucks, I think it is an excellent lesson on the thumb tip although it does not provide the myriad of tricks found in the other resources mentioned.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
I liked Gary Darwin's Encyclopedia of Thumb Tips DVD. Its so jammed with information you'll never finish using it.
CyberDivan
View Profile
New user
Durham, NC
1 Post

Profile of CyberDivan
I just finished watching "Darwin- Encyclopedia of Thumb Tip Magic". It took me three days to get through 3 DVDs and the all the bonus material. I purchased mine from PenguinMagic.com for $39.95. I consider this one of my best buys of magic material. Darwin is the professor of thumb tip magic and you can see how he came to create over 500 magic effects. Lance Burton called him "the king of the thumb tip".

I was really inspire after watching the DVDs and I am now carrying my thumbtip in my pocket wherever I go. After watching so many tricks with the thumb tip, I think that I can use the thump tip to add to my existing tricks to enhance many of them.

I would greatly recommend this DVD to anyone!
Steven J. Pruner
The CyberDivan
http://www.cyberdivan.com
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Thanks for this interessting discussion. I was always very reluctant about using a TP (only using D´Lite). But now I think I should reconsider the use. Seems to be a very good impromptu device....

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
friedpalm
View Profile
New user
Santa Monica Ca
36 Posts

Profile of friedpalm
Ive got the Darwin DVD's and I think that "there GREAT" Darwin is a lot of fun to watch and a lot of the ideas are really fun plus he gives you a look at the SHOWGIRLS thumbtip and for me that was worth the price of addmission. I also have some tapes that I first learnt from that were put together by Kevin James that are real COOl.
ykstem
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of ykstem
Yeah, I 'd go with the Patrick Page video. His handling of the basic steal is far and away the best technique to use, imo.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
I would go with the Darwin's Encylopedia of Thumb Tip Magic.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Darwin's 101 Tricks With a Thumbtip

I've got the book, but the video looks pretty good as well. Same stuff. Good luck!

Daniel
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Comet
One of the Best people I've seen work with a Thumb Tip is a maigicin by the name of Salvano. I lived in Germany for several years while in the USAF and was able to see him lecture three times. he would do an entire routine with a thumbtip and then at the very end reveal that it was a Chrome plated tip. I don't know if he has anything out on it or not but if you do find it it'll be a great source for you. other than that most anything that's been mentioned already in this thread is good.
enjoy!
desprado2
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, California
119 Posts

Profile of desprado2
Actually Salvano has a tape on the thumb tip from The Greater Magic Library that has just recently been converted to DVD.
"Treat others the way you want to be treated."
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Check out "Dusheck's Thump Tip Magic", by Steve Dusheck. It's a 128 page, hardbound book, and it retails for about $14-$17. I won a bid on eBay for it, and got the book for $7! Lots of interesting ideas to really get your mind going about some of the more obscure uses for the thumb tip.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Charles Adams
View Profile
Regular user
Silver Spring, MD
156 Posts

Profile of Charles Adams
Is the Pat Page steal something that is not covered in Darwins DVD set?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I've seen Pat Page lecture a few times - great handling of a tip. I have a couple of Darwin's books and those are good, too. Rules of Thumb has me intrigued - might get that one.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
What I find wrong with all of these is that they don't cover finger tips or sixth finger techniques.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Does anyone have both the Patrick Page video and the Rule of Thumb series ?
I have the Page video and Rules Vols 2 and 3, but not vol 1.
Would it be worth hunting down vol 1, or does the Patrick Page video pretty much cover it ?

Cyberhagen Smile
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
magicmonkey99
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicmonkey99
Go for Darwin's dvd if you have the money, and if not just get 101 tricks with a thumb tip.
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
I've been working through Darwin's DVD I got for Christmas. It's a good thumb tip resource.
B.K.Pal
View Profile
New user
India
74 Posts

Profile of B.K.Pal
Last night I was reading Anneman's 50 TRICKS WITH A THUMBTIP. Browsing the Café for further informtion on the topic, became aware about the vast information.Thanks to all contributors for the valuable info.
Sincerely Yours,....PAL
B.K.Pal
View Profile
New user
India
74 Posts

Profile of B.K.Pal
Sorry for a mistake in my above post. FIFTY TRICKS WITH A THUMB TIP mentioned is by Milbourne Christopher.
Wish you HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Sincerely Yours,....PAL
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
315 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Losander, a student of Salvano, has some of the finest thumbtip handling advice and ideas that I have ever witnessed. Check out his "Magic Anytime, Anywhere" DVD for his invaluable thumbtip moves and tips.

A.J.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best thumb tip book or video? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL