The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Manipulation act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

haugaas1991
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of haugaas1991
Hey! I'm completely new to this forum. I need some help to improve my act Manipulation. This is an act I have just conceived and filmed. The idea is that there will be about a date that comes to visit. If you have any ideas on what I can improve, or what was good, just comment plz:)

I'm sorry for the poor film quality.

best regards

Alexander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9cRLD6TYrc
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
Hey Alexander,

For 5 minutes of manipulation to music, it is very hard work blending acting & pantomime skills with the technical aspect of magic, cogratulations on it!

You have clearly put a lot of effort and practice into your routine, fantastic!
Lots of potential. I really like your suave stage presence. With a lot of rehearsals (which it looks like you've been doing), and exposure to audiences, I'm sure you will go far.

I am only 5 years into magic myself and certainly not one to judge an act, but here's my honest review from my seat.

The card manipulation was my favorite. That was by far the best, and I feel the second half was much stronger than the first half. You have clearly been influenced by Jeff McBride. If you want to improve on the first half of your act, I'd suggest watching and learning from Lance Burton's style. Learn his smoothness, that will be your next step.

If you want my constructive criticism, the obvious things that I picked up on were the body steals for the silk (timing issue), and the mirror glass effects had me confused of what was happening. The flashes of reflection put me off and spoiled it a bit.

Keep up the good work, and all the best.

Scott
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Manipulation act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL