The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Radio Appearance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Machina
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of Machina
Hi guys, I will have my first radio appearance this coming Tuesday.
Two questions:
Which effects do you think would go down well on radio?
I have heard that the presenter is a real *&&^%er, any advice on what to do if he starts messing me around?
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Are you in-station or on the phone?
What were you considering doing?

Tony
Machina
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of Machina
I am in station. I am thinking of Jukebox Johnny from Paul Brook's Book of lies, which is radio host as mind reader to spectator, a trusty drawing dupe and perhaps an influence routine for russian roulette with tattoos. The Russian roulette I am filming the day before- influencing my tattoo artist to ink the right name. I think it will be great exposure for the video.
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5116 Posts

Profile of Amirá
First thing: Work FOR the host. In that way you will gain a lot.

Second thing: Work WITH the host. Invite him to be part of your performance.

After that work with the radio listeners.

What effects? : Uf... a lot Smile haha.

I will PM you
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Shame the search engine doesn't work anymore, this question was asked and answered a lot of time.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
I just did my first radio appearance three weeks ago on a national station here in Ecuador and it was a total success.

I divided it into three different parts. First I did a reading on one of the best known TV and radio hosts, revealing the name of her daughter which, according to her, had never been given in any interview.

Then in my second appearance I did verbal mentalism to the public, with a great success that was reflected on the phone calls from all over the country that we were getting. Even though I did a mentalism effect, I should say that I got some of the best advices, for that part, from the book "Verbal magic" by Juan Tamariz.

Finally for the end, I did some hypnosis on some of the staff of the radio, making them do things that could be heard by the public, such as mumbling like babies or talking alien language.

Hope these ideas help,

Giovanni.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
The hypnosis angle would work very very well on the radio. Too late if you do not have it but Banacheck's Radio Magic is worth it's weight in gold. I just went over it the other day for telephone routines.

Also, I*******E D**K is fantastic for callers calling in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Radio Appearance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL