The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPredict is COMING SOON . . . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1613 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I'll add my voice to the chorus here. iPredict is a very clever and well-worked out magic app. Let's face it, all these technological card reveals and versions of Mr. Wizard have similar base methodologies. The difference between them is in design and application of subtleties. It's here that iPredict really excels. Rostami and his partner have used the attributes of iOS to make the iPredict effect both seamless and convincing. I think the concept of the app -- that you have the phone number of this mindreader -- really hits a sweet spot between something everyday (a phone call) and something kind of magical. I love stuff where you don't have to bust out into "magic mode" to do. Here, you can just say you have a friend who likes to do predictions over the phone and take it from there. The phone recording sounds perfectly natural (I guess because it is), and I love how "Esmerelda" gives a happy little reading centered around the spec's card choice. It sort of ends the trick on a sweet note. This is highly rated from me.
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
410 Posts

Profile of boinko
Bought this, and I'm reading the included instructions. My only concern -- and there's an easy way around it -- is asking the spec or specs to reveal the card prior to the call. Wouldn't the stronger moment be to have the spec simply select a card from the deck and then use Esmeralda to actually reveal the card? Maybe this is more of a magic than a mentalist approach?

There's a fairly straightforward way to do this -- but that's the first thing that struck me about the routine. One of those "if you're a magician/mentalist, shouldn't you tell *me* the card?" moments.

Thoughts?
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1613 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I don't disagree with you, but you could ask the same question about Bwave, Invisible Deck and many other tricks. As Greg said earlier on this thread, you can use a stacked deck or a peek or some other method to achieve this.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2595 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi boinko,

The demo video of iPredict demonstrates EXACTLY what you're asking for.

1. Spec thinks of a card and removes it from the deck while the magician's back is turned.
2. Esmeralda's voicemail reveals the chosen card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zkDtf3r8WU

As bugjack stated, you can choose any method you like to determine the identity of their card . . . peek, marked cards, key card, stacked cards, etc. . .

Greg Rostami
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2924 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi Greg I would like the Uk version , and also how does this differ from Mental Killer ? and how comes that one has been removed from I tunes ? I thought you an Max were buddies was this released with his blessing ?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2595 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Yes nanaswan,

Max and I are buddies. And yes, iPredict was released with Max's blessing.

I'm going to let the people who have both Mental Killer and iPredict post their opinions about both apps.

Max and I agree that every serious mentalist should have BOTH apps.
They use different methods, hence it's the PERFECT solution for when you need to repeat the same effect to the same audience.

Greg Rostami
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1886 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I only have an Ipod Touch and I see it works with it also. I am going to d/l it and let you know how it goes.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1636 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I am a huge fan of iForce and still use it often. I cant wait until this is available in the UK!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Randy Croucher
View Profile
New user
Camas, WA
43 Posts

Profile of Randy Croucher
Apple just approved iPredict v1.01.

This fixes the issue users were having with older 3.x iOS devices.

Have fun!
-Randy
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2595 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I just updated Esmeralda's business card link.
Now you can either download a business card with Esmeralda's name and number on it, or you can download a blank business card that you can use to overlay your OWN contact name.

Some of you had emailed me about that, so now you can present iPredict with your own unique name.

regards,
Greg Rostami

P.S. Did you notice iForce is out on the Android OS now?
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1886 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 17:50, Greg Rostami wrote:

P.S. Did you notice iForce is out on the Android OS now?

I did not but I am psyched. Going to check it out.
Can Ipredict be for android as well?
Thanks
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
MAOmagic
View Profile
New user
Columbus
97 Posts

Profile of MAOmagic
Hey Randy or Greg, I saw something with iPredict that I still can't get fixed. I mentioned before about the duplicated contacts. Well, It happens only inside of the app. If I open my contacts, they are all normal. But when I open the app, it has 2 of everything! I already tried deleting the app and reinstalling. I am uploading a video to youtube right now so you can see for yourself, but be forewarned, the video looks like crap since I recorded it with my phone. But you can at least see what I am talking about. I'll post the link in a few minutes.

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 10:36pm
It's still being "processed", but here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5gKNy97WfQ

I'll delete it once you guys can check it out.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2595 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi MAOmagic,

I've already seen the video, so you can delete the video from YouTube.

I just PM'd you my phone number. You can call me now and we'll talk about it.

Greg Rostami

Posted: Dec 3, 2010 3:54pm
Hi MAOmagic,

Randy and I have been looking for ANY way this could have happened to you, we're really not finding a reason why this would happen to you and not us.

I would love to talk to you about the details of your iPhone. Randy and I have seen a LOT of installs of iPredict on both iPhones and iPod Touches, and so far NO one has complained about this problem.

But, I still want to get to the bottom of this hence why I would love to talk to you in person. I left you my mobile number in my PM. You can call me between 9:00AM to 6:00PM PST.

regards,
Greg Rostami
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Fantastic app!
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2595 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thanks weapon . . .

During this holiday season, I performed a LOT of iPredict. I had a chance to video a few of them. So here's the YouTube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cwPORk74zc

I'd love to know what you think,
Greg Rostami
R-U-D-!
View Profile
New user
AUSTRIA
54 Posts

Profile of R-U-D-!
I'd love to know what you think... - Ask Esmeralda ;-)
IMHO it's GREAT...
And I hate it...
because I'm a lonely magician in A you s t r I a without Esmeralda :-(
R-U-D-! from Austria

This entry was posted by Google from German to Chinese, than into Greek and then finally translated into English. Enjoy!
R-U-D-!
View Profile
New user
AUSTRIA
54 Posts

Profile of R-U-D-!
A you s t r I a ... ? It means AUSTRIA...
R-U-D-! from Austria

This entry was posted by Google from German to Chinese, than into Greek and then finally translated into English. Enjoy!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2595 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you can purchase iPredict in Austria.

Every time you perform, you'll be making an international call to the US.

Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2595 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

The Instruction video for iPredict is now available.

For those of you who own iPredict, simply go to the "Settings" page, touch "Online Videos", and select "Instructions".

This short video will explain EXACTLY how I performed the demo video of iPredict.

Sorry about the long delay for this video. The holidays really got in the way.
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2595 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

I would love to talk to some of my current customers or others that just might be interested in iPredict or iForce.

You can talk to me on Skype. My Skype name is:
gregrostami

(One word all lowercase)

I'm looking forward to talking to you,
Greg Rostami
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » IPredict is COMING SOON . . . (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL