The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Spectator with 'special powers' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
325 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
I'm looking for effects where the spectator is the mind reader, or has other special powers. (e.g.: drawing dupe where spectator duplicates the performers drawing, or where the spectator does some kind of russian roulette, maybe without knowing so or spectator locates a hidden object)

I would like to be able to give or activate these special powers in the spectator, if only for a few moments.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Redford has a booklet about that.
Kennedy DD
Johnathan Pickard
Tillard in one of his book
Lesley in his book.
Dee dee Christopher
Karmilovich in the Bascom Jones
etc...
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1523 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
My ESPsycrets routine builds to a point at which the participant appears to have gained the ability to read minds.

My The Third Man effect appears to show spectator-owned abilities too (it's currently not available - sorry).

I mention these not to flog my wares (much Smile) but to note that I think that these types of effects are really attractive. They avoid the element of, "look how great I am," that is so often the core part of mentalism effects. Make it about them, not you...

T.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
My new routine for Jon Allen's Pain Game makes the spectator the star as they decide which bags I crush, and which I leave alone. Avoiding the spike.

steve
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8512 Posts

Profile of funsway
My "Close Call" is still available at no charge (the price is feedback) from gusarimagic@comcast.net

The spectator is the hero in an impromptu reading of your mind
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
325 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Quote:
On 2010-11-22 15:50, Ted wrote:
My ESPsycrets routine builds to a point at which the participant appears to have gained the ability to read minds

Ordered this already a couple of days ago. Smile
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
666 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Quote:
On 2010-11-22 15:52, steveline wrote:
My new routine for Jon Allen's Pain Game makes the spectator the star as they decide which bags I crush, and which I leave alone. Avoiding the spike.

steve

Yes... I used it too....
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
325 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
I looked around for Pain Game. It's out of stock at my dealer. Any dealers in Europe that are still selling this?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
You could order it direct from Jon

http://www.close-upmagician.com/index.html

Go to the magicians only section (there's a link on the left hand side, just scroll down)

I haven't had this long but I must say it's the effect I'm putting more work into than almost all my others.
I just love it.

It's quite a heavy package, I'm not sure what postage would be like.

Steve
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
420 Posts

Profile of Axel
I think Alain Nu has a drawing dublication in one of his books that could be sold as reverse mind reading...

Best,

Lexa
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I used this in my book, MindCraft: Perceptions. I think the effect was called Intuitional Power; essentially the mentalist bestows the power of intuition on a selected spectator which enables them to read the mind (or see the drawing) of another spectator.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2010-11-23 07:40, Lexa wrote:
I think Alain Nu has a drawing dublication in one of his books that could be sold as reverse mind reading...

Best,

Lexa

That's right !
Also train of thoughts from Lee earle.
One of the best of this type.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4175 Posts

Profile of bobser
I honestly cannot think of any mentalist effect that CANNOT be accredited to a spectator. Unless someone can tell me differently?
I actually want to lose this one, honestly! Smile
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On 2010-11-22 13:33, Bartelli wrote:
I'm looking for effects where the spectator is the mind reader, or has other special powers. (e.g.: drawing dupe where spectator duplicates the performers drawing, or where the spectator does some kind of russian roulette, maybe without knowing so or spectator locates a hidden object)

I would like to be able to give or activate these special powers in the spectator, if only for a few moments.

My "Forever Jung" effect meets that description exactly. A group draws simple symbols or designs. They are collected and mixed by someone in the group. Then, one is isolated and kept out of view of everyone (including the performer). The participant is able to duplicate the randomly selected design.
Merlin C
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Merlin C
Quote:
On 2010-11-23 13:30, bobser wrote:
I honestly cannot think of any mentalist effect that CANNOT be accredited to a spectator.
Yes. Is sending a thought less active than receiving it? (Johannes Trithemius didn't think so.) Likewise for prediction effects.

I'd also suggest that the idea of mental abilities as 'powers' -- anomalous things separate from the rest of human functioning -- is not only generally dubious but not conducive to plausibly demonstrating them in other people.

Lots of James Biss's effects are on the 'active participant' model.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I perform an effect that I combined from Lewis Jone's Seventh Hevean and a Knepper effect. Did it last night and it truely amazes and is unexplanable to the spectator. They choose a card and you put the deck down and don't touch it again. They place their card on the deck and then cut it as many times as they like. Then the spectator deals cards down until they want to stop. The card they stop on is their card. It is not 100% but there are outs that make it look 100%.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Spectator with 'special powers' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL