The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Houdini--The King of Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
As most of us know, Houdini once billed himself as "The King Of Cards"... and this videoclip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0AQyH495AY
shows that he really was quite adept at some of the standard card flourishes. I remember, too, one of the books--_Houdini's Fabulous Magic_ by Walter B. Gibson and Morris N. Young--included a description of the boomerang card. I actually was able to learn how to scale and boomerang cards based on the details described in the book.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Yes, Houdini was very adept at cards. David Bamberg mentioned this in his book Illusion Show, "He proceeded to do a series of juggling card tricks that took my breath away. Spreading the cards on his arm he threw them into the air and caught them as they came down. He had a brilliant routine which he finished up by dropping the cards in a stream from his right hand and catching them with the same hand just as they reached the floor."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Houdini--The King of Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL