The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Almost here - European Coin Symposium!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3948 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
This is coming up in a couple of days! Roth is already in Europe, heading to Milan. Curtis Kam and Eric Jones leaving tomorrow. It is gong to be coin magic Nirvana, with Bertini, Jean Emmanuel Franzis, Paviato, the japanses guys like Futugaway, Akira Fuji, and so many more from France, Spain, all over!! This is going to be THE place to be after thanksgiving!! I wish I could be there, but I am going to a soccer tournament for my son. Good luck guys, have a wonderful time!!!!
ONLY A FEW BOOKS LEFT AVAILABLE FOR SIGNING!!! First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a VERY limited supply of books left that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT (worth over $25!) until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books usually ship the day after the order is received (excluding weekends)!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1679 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Mike, I with ya. Wish I could be there, sounds like a great line up.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Curtis and I are both in New York now.....just waiting on our connecting flight at 7pm tonight. Sacrificing turkey day for the sake of coin magic...where are my priorities......lol
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Right where they should be, dude Smile
If it helps, I'm an American living in the UK so I NEVER get Thanksgiving!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
JEAN EMMANUEL FRANZIS
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of JEAN EMMANUEL FRANZIS
Hi,

I just come back from the european coinmagic symposium, and it was really great.
On saturday, 20 hours of coin magic, and the next day we shoot the DVD, again 20 hours of coinmagic;

Coinmagic everytime and other things.

Bye, I hope to see you next year.
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
Same for me Smile
I had a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world.. I learned new stuff, took some advise, gave some advise..
Some things could have been done better but that's ok.. I'm already looking forward for the next symposium..
Searching for the magic side of life...
jmcgrath
View Profile
Regular user
Tomorrow I'll make another
147 Posts

Profile of jmcgrath
I would like to echo the words of Jean Emmanuel and Niko. It was a fantastic 2 days and the quality of the magic that was on show was truly amazing. Even though Coin Magic is my favourite type of magic I would not have believed that it could have been so good and that the days could have passed so quickly.

I've made new friends and have many pages of notes to inspire me to produce better magic.

So thanks to the CLAM team that produced this event, and I hope that it will happen again.

Regards,

John
John McGrath
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Sitting in a Café (a real one, not The Café) and decompressing. The eurocoincon (ECC?) was amazing. Eric and David did America proud, and I got to float some really new ideas on an amazingly talented crowd. Between the sessions, we ate pizza, watched Babel do card tricks for children, and saw the best burn on a retention vanish, ever. I know you won't believe this, but Eric saw it, too. The guy was superhuman with this.

Anyway, there was a three camera shoot on Sunday, complete with Church bells. Watch for it.

Also, I am now a fan of Miguel Angel Gia, and I'm not alone. That is all.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
magikoins
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of magikoins
A fantastic moment to have encountered great magicians Smile
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
I had a really great time doing coin magic and talking to such talented coin magicians...
I can't wait to the next edition !
Thanks Giacomo !
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Curtis, sounds like a great time was had by all. What I'd love to know is who did the amazing ROV that you mentioned seeing?

Kind regards
Sean
maxmaximus
View Profile
New user
austria
92 Posts

Profile of maxmaximus
Hi sean,

I think everyone saw this incredible ROV...i cant remember the name but it was an italian magician (not the tallest one...sry!) who won the second price in the coin competition...regarding the vanish...the cool part was that there was no BURN (retention of vision), what you saw till the hand closed completely was the real coin...the guy was kind enough to show everyone the exact handling...i always thought that I have a very good technique for doing the ROV but after watching this guy... I am still floored...to be honest I think this is the best ROV on earth (sorry mickey silver!)...everyone who saw it would have bet a lot of money that the coin is in his hand and not elsewhere...it was one of my personal highlights at the symposium...the other two was watching akira fuji (linking cigarettes) and this underground magician from france...

all the best
max
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
WOW! Sounds like a great time was had by all. Smile And this is some ROV max, wish I could've seen it. Such amazement in just placing it in the other hand. I still wonder though, that if this guy could make all you guys feel that way about a simple hand to hand use of the ROV, what do you think Mickey Silver could make you feel with moving a mental image all over the place? I'm just saying...And the guy won 2nd Prize, WOW!...I just wonder. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
maxmaximus
View Profile
New user
austria
92 Posts

Profile of maxmaximus
Hi marion,

I don't want to pick a quarrel who has the best ROV...i never saw mickey's ROV in person so I cant judge (quote curtis kam as he saw the ROV the first time (we all waited for the keymaster outside in the cold): WOW mickey silver should see that - hope my quote was correct), but I never thought that a ROV (i personally think this vanish should get a new name) could look like this...and marion don't get me wrong there was no mental image, it was the genuine coin which you saw...YES I wished you where there, it was really a great time...there was a dvd shooting and the winners from the competition are participating in the bonus section of the dvd...maybe you could get a glimpse of the vanish...

all the best
max
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
You 're talking about the guy with the yellow short tie... Amazing vanish.. Even I who am not a fan of the retention vanish, when I saw it blew of my mind...
Searching for the magic side of life...
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 08:39, mago.niko wrote:
You 're talking about the guy with the yellow short tie... Amazing vanish.. Even I who am not a fan of the retention vanish, when I saw it blew of my mind...

oh! Toney has the greatest burn on a coin in a retention I have ever seen.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
No quarrels max my friend, there's room for everybody under the big tent here. Smile Look forward to seeing this one day and hope you get to see Mickey Silver in-person one day as well. Smile In the meantime, it's great you guys had such an enjoyable time with coin magic, that's what it's all about. Smile Of course at times it can be about other things but barring such smallness the greater picture still evolves. And that's a good thing. Smile

Good to hear from you and take care. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
roum67
View Profile
New user
Strasbourg (France)
7 Posts

Profile of roum67
Great w-end, great coin magic, great meeting !
The italian guy's name is Antonio Polli.
Thank you Giacomo for all and I hope to see all coinmen the next year !
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Hello Eric !

Milano convention was a really great moment with such talented magicians !
One of the best part was the good vibes around, with everyone smiling and happy to be there and share magic
and friendship !
I can't wait to attend the second edition...
Stay tuned !
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Quote:
On 2010-12-03 08:02, roum67 wrote:
Great w-end, great coin magic, great meeting !
The italian guy's name is Antonio Polli.
Thank you Giacomo for all and I hope to see all coinmen the next year !

Is this the ROV that everyone is talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuN5gXrm5MA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Almost here - European Coin Symposium!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL