The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Almost here - European Coin Symposium!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
maxmaximus
View Profile
New user
austria
92 Posts

Profile of maxmaximus
Hi garrett,

YES...thats the one everybody is talking about...but this video doesn't come up to the vanish he showed us in person...this video was posted last year, the vanish he showed us was his new version...but to be honest even the old version looks wonderful...i have to recur myself but in the new version even when there is no burn you see the coin is in his hand...

@eric: MOVEMENT ROCKS!!!

greetz
max
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Quote:
On 2010-12-03 08:59, maxmaximus wrote:
Hi garrett,

YES...thats the one everybody is talking about...but this video doesn't come up to the vanish he showed us in person...this video was posted last year, the vanish he showed us was his new version...but to be honest even the old version looks wonderful...i have to recur myself but in the new version even when there is no burn you see the coin is in his hand...

Then I'd REALLY like to see his new one, as I thought the old one looked pretty darn good!
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2010-12-03 07:22, Mb217 wrote:
Of course at times it can be about other things but barring such smallness ...

What's that mean?
Click to visit:
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
It always confounds me when people start talking about who has the best type of a "move". It's similar to someone talking about which carpenter has the best looking wood chisel. While we can admire someone's proficiency with a tool, it's not the tool that matters, but what you do with it that does.

I much rather watch someone with a good retention pass use it for an amazing routine instead of a guy that does an excellent retention pass just "do a retention pass".

So what was the most amazing coin routine at the seminar? Smile
Click to visit:
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Garrett, that was sweet, thanks for posting that. And max, it is very nice as you say, and I would like to see both versions in person someday. Smile Just might do that as I might be in Europe next year this time on company business and I'll be looking forward to trying to get to this event. Anyway, I enjoyed the video and like I said, it looks like you guys had a great time...Again, that's what it's all about. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of Bambu
This is the second video posted by Toni Mandara, is not a ROV but a coin production from purse frame:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tonymandara
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Again very nice, thanks for posting Bambu. Smile

Hey I notice some differences in the European workers as to style in coin magic, saw it in Bertini's work, Werner G. Sietz, Lawrens and some fine others out there. I kinda see it again with this guy Tony Wonder. Real nice stuff. What do you guys think, is there a difference or is it much ado about nothing/it's all the same stuff? I don't know, I love the flair of the Euro workers, it has a real nice flow to it. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Dan, to answer your question--MIguel Angel Gia's Coins in Glass and Coins in Box were standouts for me. Add to that, Eric's new and improved Flash Coins and Audible, and Jean-Emmanuel's Cylinder and Coins. Ginjiro's C&C had some really clever and natural changeovers built in. Alex Conradi performed David Roth's new coin vanish routine wihout a bag (and really pleased David) and Akira Fuji's one coin routine was extremely well constructed. The first place routine of Hide Kimoto was also well constructed.

I don't know how many of these routines will show up on the DVD that will come out of this symposium, but I know that enough of them will. I contributed two routines to the DVD. One was my version of "Hellbound Spellbound", and another routine involving coins becoming liquid silver that David Roth felt was "lovely". (That's endorsement enough for me) And modesty prevents me from saying anything about the quality of those routines.

For the symposium, and at the lecture I just gave in Chicago, I performed many more routines than I could possibly explain in the time allowed. That allowed me to perform my Six Cylinder, Boxjumper (a new okito box routine), Coins (not) across, and several other new routines. It would take too much space here to describe them all, but I expect you'll hear more about them.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Curtis... Sounds like it is time for another visit to the DeSouza lecture theater! Thanks for the report, the DVDs will be on my immediate buy list as soon as the are released.
Click to visit:
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
This dvd set sounds ridiculous. Does anyone have a ballpark idea when they'll be released?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes mav, sounds like a great bunch of routines can't wait to see that DVD. Smile Hey maybe with all that expertise and stuff in the hopper perhaps one lump of coal might find its way to this Café forum as a holiday gift to the many admirers here of such fine coin work from here and abroad. Wouldn't that be nice? Smile

Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2010-12-04 08:41, Mb217 wrote:
with all that expertise and stuff in the hopper perhaps one lump of coal might find its way to this Café forum as a holiday gift.

What does that mean? Isn't getting coal a bad thing?
Click to visit:
PetePennekett
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of PetePennekett
On the coal front, for anyone interested (I'm assuming Mb was relating to the 3rd option, which is certainly how it was explained to me as a child, but then I'm English): http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_the_......on_start

This event looks like a wonderful opportunity for those that can make it - I'll definitely try to get there in future if possible.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
I did not have coal, but rather a cold in Milano lol !
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Pete, you got it. Smile Didn't mean to deliver any particular complexities on this, really didn't think I did as my larger meaning as to the post seems clear enough, at least I thought it was. But thanks just the same for the clearer more literary reference on it, hope it helps here. 'Tis the season. Smile

Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Yes, it is going to be very interesting to see what "the New York guys" pull out once more.

What happened in Europe shows that the PROCESS created by Michael Rubinstein, David Roth, Geoff Latta and Mike Gallo has a momentum that did something tremendous for coin magic that exceeds largely the real technical progress of coin craftsmen all over the world.

Thus a big thank you to the New York guys: we are looking forward to what you are going to pull out this time to amaze us once again. Any magician with common sense should get to Philadelphia if he only has even a slim chance to join this year. Who wants to fall behind?

Let's get to Mark de Souza's place even at the cost of a marital debate or an additional gig
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2010-11-30 02:44, jmcgrath wrote:
I would like to echo the words of Jean Emmanuel and Niko. It was a fantastic 2 days and the quality of the magic that was on show was truly amazing. Even though Coin Magic is my favourite type of magic I would not have believed that it could have been so good and that the days could have passed so quickly.

I've made new friends and have many pages of notes to inspire me to produce better magic.

So thanks to the CLAM team that produced this event, and I hope that it will happen again.

Regards,

John

I understand from David Roth that your Geoff Latta routine gained a lot from your conversations with Alex Conradi and some move of his. This is the smart way to take advantage of such convention: meet with the best and let them help you improve on your own routines. Takes notes and bring them home.

Will you be able to make it to Mark de Souza's place with the New York guys? I'd love to see your take on this routine that Alex talked to me about
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3948 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Heard from David Roth, and Curtis Kam. Sounds like Giacomo Bertini really pulled off a GREAT symposium! It is not an easy task to put on something like this(and believe me, I know!), but with the help of Jean Emmanuel Franzis, and Alex Conradi, Giacomo put together an all star lineup from all over the world, and the DVD that will be coming out will be fantastic. Our own seminar DVD's will be out in a few months as well, so coin guys will have a lot of goodies this coming year! I talked to Giacomo today, and he is already thinking about next year! We are as well, so stay tuned for much more great coin magic in 2011!!
First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a limited supply of books that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books are here and ready to ship!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Giacomo
View Profile
New user
Florence (Italy)
92 Posts

Profile of Giacomo
Ciao everyone!!
Thanks very much for your words!
I had a very hard time, in preparing the Coinmagicsymposium, so I'm extremely happy that everything was good, and that you are appreciated!
My aim is to promote coinmagic in Europe, and I am very happy that this has been successful!
Now I begin to prepare for the editing of the DVD and I will keep you informed about! It will be a fantastic DVD, with the participation of all guests, and the winners of coincompetition:
Akira Fujii, David Roth, Curtis Kam, Shigeo Futagawa, Miguel Angel Gea, Jean Emmanuel Franzis, Ginjiro Kenji Tanida, Eric Jones, Alex Conradi, Eric Roumestan, Joke, Lawrens Godon, Bébel(with a fantastic card effect), Toni Cachadina, Mario Raso. The winners of coincompetition: Hidekazu Kimoto, Tony Wonder, Marco Pantaleo. And me....nd then a big surprise: Bonus section, with an effect of Yoshihiko Mutobe, and other artists including Clement Kerstenne fourth place at the coincompetition...

At this point I decided that I will arrange a second coinmagicsymposium next year! When I was in Milan I spoke with Curtis about this, and he convinced me to arrange a second! I decided that I will do it in Milan, again with the help of my french friends and an Italian friend.

Giacomo
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1051 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Sounds fantastic.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Almost here - European Coin Symposium!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL