The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Almost here - European Coin Symposium!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
PHER
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of PHER
What a great time we all had!!
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Next year in Milan? That does it, I'm going to have to learn Italian. Or Japanese, or French. Argh.

I'm happy to hear that the clip from Mutobe-san will be seen by more people. It was nothing short of amazing.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
JEAN EMMANUEL FRANZIS
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of JEAN EMMANUEL FRANZIS
Hi,

yes it was a great moment, a split second in life that last forever. I think that we can say that coin magic is like card magic, it can gather people from all over the world, for only one aim, magic with coins.

It is perhaps presomptious, but during these two days it was possible to see and understand why magic is an art. Coin magic is not in the trick, but in the humain being, yes, during the symposium we discovered various way to perform the cylinder and coins routine, each routine was different but the plot was the same.

During teh symposium everything went well, and everybody talked with everybody, teh coin star, with the anonymus.

It was not important to discovered a new way to perform teh coins through the table, yhe important thing was to say that a lot of people love coin magic, each in a different way, and that is way it was so great.

Bye
Giacomo
View Profile
New user
Florence (Italy)
92 Posts

Profile of Giacomo
Ciao Curtis!
I don't think you need to learn other languages...your English is very good! Smile
The Mutobe clip was amazing, but probably he will give me a better!
Giacomo
HIDE
View Profile
New user
Japan
12 Posts

Profile of HIDE
Hello All,

I also took part in European Coin Symposium, from Japan.
and I realy enjoied.

I watched good coin magic in this convention.
All guests were very good, but not only guest magicians.
Young Italian showed me great retention vanish.
Young Belgian showed me great one hand spell bound.
I felt advanced coin magic in this convention.

And
I'd like to say "Thank you very much" to all staff of this convention.
I think they were very hard work, because they had to wrok in multi language and tight schedule.
Thanks to them, I had a good time in it .
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Hello Hide,
It was great to meet you !
Congrats for your prize at the coin competition ^^
Hope to meet you soon !
Best,
Lawrens Godon
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
There was clearly a lot of good magic at this event, seen some of it around the Café and WOW! Smile One of these incredibles at the event gave me a peek, Lawrens Godon is a humble sort but also a fabulous magician and coin man on a variety of levels and showmanship. He's coming out with a new & dynamic coin magic DVD that you will hear more of soon enough I'm sure, but it's just beautiful stuff from a real worker with some very clever ideas and moves from across the pond. Smile You're gonna love this stuff. It's called Moneypulation. Slick!

When another incredible coin worker like Ponta The Smith tells you to "Behold" perhaps you should do just that. Stay tuned and check this out, makes your heart pump. Smile Bon Appétit. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biMXAA6Zmss
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Yes Marion, You'll love Lawrens Godon's work. It's of a high standard like your own and very complementary to your work.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Great tease for this DVD.

I love fast moving, high visual impact coin work done on your feet like this. He makes it look fun.

New Ideas!

Thanks for calling this to our attention, Marion - Looking foward!
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I love the back thumb palm, that teaser looked great. Definately on my "to buy list".
Click to visit:
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
What does that mean?

Just kiddin' Dan. Smile

I think you'll really like the work. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I spent some time with Lawrens during the European Symposium and had an opportunity to see some of the most difficult coin magic look absolutely effortless. Anyone who can muscle pass a coin directly into Harada Hold EVERYTIME is someone I need to watch.....closely...

I recommend Lawrens Godon's work to anyone, along with any other products put out by Joke Magie.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Lawrens is extremely versatile and talented. I'm not familiar with his coin work so this will be very interesting.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2010-12-10 19:39, jazzy snazzy wrote:
Lawrens is extremely versatile and talented. I'm not familiar with his coin work so this will be very interesting.

hmmm.....

Dude...sentence one completely negates sentence two.....lol
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Muscle pass to Harada hold? That is just crazy. It's hard enough just pushing a coin into that position. To muscle pass it is incredible...
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
That trailer looked awesome. Ever since I saw David Stone's OCR, I've been fascinated with the uses of back thumb palm. There goes another one to add to my buy list.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Quote:
On 2010-12-10 22:59, Eric Jones wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-10 19:39, jazzy snazzy wrote:

hmmm.....

Dude...sentence one completely negates sentence two.....lol

Haha, no really, his contact juggling, rings, stage magic is great. I just never saw any of his close-up work.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
In this case, MP to HH is a move only an expert contact juggler could love. Lawrens makes it look easy.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Thank you all for the kind comments ^^

Marion, thanks for posting the teaser of my dvd here ; I hope my work will please coin magicians.

Eric, it was great to meet you !
Your work is awesome and you know how to teach !

Mavericklancer, you're right, it's a fascinating move : so much more to discover !

Curtis, I want to thank you for the additional back thumb palm source.
Also, HH is not an impossible move to do, MP either as a matter of fact.
Combining the two is just a matter of precision in the throw, at the exact place.
I know that our friend Ginjiro from Japan can drop a coin direct into HH position...
You certainly don't have to master contact juggling to achieve this, although I strongly suggest this art to any magician !

One more word : the routines I teach can be presented for larger audience, because of the vertical nature of my use of the back thumb palm...In close-up venues one needs to watch his angles, but it's no problem for the professional.

Cheers !

Lawrens Godon
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Lawrens Godon's DVD will offer a nice step forward in our art. Not just another "me too". Looking forward to it.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Almost here - European Coin Symposium!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL