The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Competition Idea: Paper Butterflies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMagicOfDean
View Profile
Regular user
What!? I Only Have
105 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfDean
Hi guys,

I am not sure if this thread should be here. I have a silent magic competition act which involves Comedy,Scary Magic & Levitating magic. I want to do an effect like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rA5QNogGJw
or should I do butterfly blizzard by Jeff McBride?

Dean Wong
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is just movie magic, it is not something you can do on a stage. This requires a person out of camera range.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Dean Wong, the Mc Bride butterfly is the same effect, he uses the Oriental fan to accomplish the fluttering effect with the same method of controling the fluttering and height. With Saffire, good ole wmhegbli is correct, it uses another method that is off camera, ... You could use this method she uses but it would take More props to accomplish it to keep the method hidden. Mc Brides effect is the same outcome but with much simpler method to control the fluttering, this is the way to go in my opinion. You will get the same WOW factor from your audience.
TheMagicOfDean
View Profile
Regular user
What!? I Only Have
105 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfDean
Okay, Thank you very much!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jade does a lovely version.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Competition Idea: Paper Butterflies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL