The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I do NOT have a new book Comedy For Magicians and Mentlaists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
I do NOT have a new comedy book out.

It is NOT available at http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/collect......s/comedy

It is Not very funny.

The free sample chapter will be available forever. Not.

Later,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
The wallet gag is NOT good.

I'm Not going to use this gag.;-)
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
This thread is NOT funny.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I am NOT interested in purchasing this, and it doesn't sound hilarious.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Hmm. Good material we don't have to think up or steal?

Santa comes early this year.

This is humor that even I can pull off. Many thanks for the freebies, can't wait for the book.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Thanks Chappelly

Thanks Tom!

I think you'll love the rest of the book!

Not.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
This is exactly what I've been looking for. I have bought some standup comedy books, but here I get funny rutines, not only gags and funny lines. I hope I will recive this book some time before Christmas. I have some shows coming up were the audience are under some influence by alcohol, and I think I can get some laugh out of this. Thank you for this great product.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Quote:
On 2010-11-27 17:26, voh002 wrote:
This is exactly what I've been looking for. I have bought some standup comedy books, but here I get funny rutines, not only gags and funny lines. I hope I will recive this book some time before Christmas. I have some shows coming up were the audience are under some influence by alcohol, and I think I can get some laugh out of this. Thank you for this great product.

Not!
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
LOL:)
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
This thread is NOT funny and The book is NOT interesting.....
LOL
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Thank for all the comments guys. Yes the book is finished and ships this week! You will all get it in time for Christmas. Check out the free sample while its still up!!!!!!

Also save FIVE BUCKS before it goes UP in price. FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY.

After 2010 the book goes up to $500.00.

Which is not at all true.

Later,

KRanzo

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 1:29am
Just a heads up guys....

FIVE FREE COMEDY EFFECTS AND GAGS! The FREE SAMPLE from my new book will be taken down in 48 hours so if you have not stopped by and taken a look DO SO NOW!!!

http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/collect......s/comedy

All the best,

Kranzo

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 2:15pm
For anyone who was waiting for these to arrive they have all finally shipped!

If you order now you will receive it before XMAS!

Warning. This book is rated R.

Later,

Kranzo

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 12:57am
Just posted a FREE video of one of the effects/gags from the book!

Anybody get their book yet?
Later,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
It is on the list of wanted gifts which has been given to my wife some time ago. List is sufficiently small that I would hope to get all of the items on it, so fingers crossed.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Paul I know what you mean about the wish list. I've got one too and I hope it gets covered...hah!

I hope you guys enjoy this book. I promise if you get it for XMAS you'll hate it. It sucks. Not.

Later,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2010-12-15 00:57, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Just posted a FREE video of one of the effects/gags from the book!!!

Anybody get their book yet?????

Later,

Kranzo

Yes, arrived earlier this week.

Tony
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I got mine, and have to say, it's NOT really what it is billed as . . . It is not a hard-back, and is not a book. It is a booklet (maybe 5000 words over 16 or 20 pages). It has a few funny routines and gimmicks, but also some extremely impractical ones, and most are just fragments of routines or throwaway bits of business (no clever full routines, at least to my view). I'd have bought it as a $5 ebook, but as a $25 or $30 book, this one is a waste of money. One smart and funny full routine and I'd say I got my money's worth. But this time NOT. Sorry to be so candid, but I'm trying to help magicians help magicians save their money. I'll know for next time. . .

And I'm just trying to be honest, and hope the product maker and his friends will respect that and address the criticisms rather than coming on to flame me. I'm NOT a professional magician, but a hobbyist, so you can feel free to use that against me (but on other hand, I am more independent and less beholden to others than at least some full-time professionals). Read my other reviews. I always try to be fair, and I hope that those who respond address the issues rather than attracting attention to some other side tangent issue. I'm the first to praise good products, but we also need to speak the truth about those that are less than wonderful. Anyone else find this below expectations?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2010-12-17 12:02, Mumblemore wrote:
I got mine, and have to say, it's NOT really what it is billed as . . . It is not a hard-back, and is not a book. It is a booklet (maybe 5000 words over 16 or 20 pages). It has a few funny routines and gimmicks, but also some extremely impractical ones, and most are just fragments of routines or throwaway bits of business (no clever full routines, at least to my view). I'd have bought it as a $5 ebook, but as a $25 or $30 book, this one is a waste of money. One smart and funny full routine and I'd say I got my money's worth. But this time NOT. Sorry to be so candid, but I'm trying to help magicians help magicians save their money. I'll know for next time. . .

And I'm just trying to be honest, and hope the product maker and his friends will respect that and address the criticisms rather than coming on to flame me. I'm NOT a professional magician, but a hobbyist, so you can feel free to use that against me (but on other hand, I am more independent and less beholden to others than at least some full-time professionals). Read my other reviews. I always try to be fair, and I hope that those who respond address the issues rather than attracting attention to some other side tangent issue. I'm the first to praise good products, but we also need to speak the truth about those that are less than wonderful. Anyone else find this below expectations?

I misread the ad too and thought is was a hardcover book. But the ad says "hard copy" indicating printed as opposed to e-copy. It isn't what I expected (and no, I'm not happy), but I have not finished reading it, so I hold out hope (very little at this point!) there is something in it I can adapt.

Tony
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Belaboring the obvious, any given gag that you can add to your act that gets a laugh is going to be worth $25. If you can find 2 or more, you've lucked out and the book is a bargain. The question is, are there any you can use?

That said, I think the book should have been offered at around $10. 9 pages, foldover, stapled, paper cover (at $25/copy, a heavier weight cover would not have been 5 cents more.). But the delivery of the info is not critical, its the contents that are of value.

I was happy to find a couple of Adult gags to file away in the back of my brain, good enough for standup comedians to use. Many of the rest seem to be simply gleanings from other sources, books, Mss's etc, and some are pretty hoary. But, then, to be practical about it, tho I thought 2-3 gags were great, I'll most probably NEVER be in a situation to use them. So, tho they were great to me, they were also useless to me.

If the book was as marvelous as the marketing webpage, I'd be really happy, but it seems that the best stuff was on the video...and the other hilarious stuff was adulty enough to seldom be done by the normal entertainer. If you saw the video, you'd assume that the other gags in the book were on a par or better than the ones demo'd. Mostly, they aren't. There may be an intrinsic humor in them, but it's beyond me.

Considering the Magic field and what $30 total can buy, I would find the price of $10-12 more in line with today's expectations and the book's contents. At least, if there were nothing to use, there'd have been $15 less to lose. I'd give this a 5 out of 10 IF you were scratching for gags and can afford $25 on an if-come-maybe.

The commentaries on why things are funny certainly help fill out the booklet, but are unnecessary. Nice, but who needs this? If we can't figure out WHY it's funny, explaining it probably won't help.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Even if you don't like it I really appreciate honest feedback.

Yeah I guess One man's trash is another man's treasure. I've gotten some great feedback. I will post some here when I have more time.

If you don't perform for adults or enjoy adult humor you will NOT enjoy the adult humor. Sorry if that seamed obvious. lol...

Also if anyone has an issue with a credit or history etc. please let me know. Someone mentioned they were merely variations from other books etc. I have not seen many people shoot party poppers out their bum and dial a cell phone with their member. Seriously though those words would carry more weight if you had a reference. Please let me know and I'll update the book.

There was a warning on the book regarding adult material. I guess there should have also been a warning stating you might think the material sucks. : )

Luckily not everyone agrees.

I guess its sorta like Conan O'Brian. I love him. But my parent's just don't get him. Either way I think most will EASILY get their money's worth....actually if you are a working comedy performer its is worth a lot more than $25.

I feel like I would have paid hundreds of dollars for a book like this when I was first starting out. A book of gags that already have been tested and work. Use one and it's paid for. I think there is a lot more than ONE!!! But I'm biased. : )

I think the frisbee gag on the video is one of the simpler and not as strong as some of the other gags.

Enough from me....

"I especially like the cellophane gag, and the spins on the old NO gag. I also think the Virginia Revelation is particularly funny. Everything in the book is great for working acts who perform for real people. Perfect for connecting with audiences and setting a tone in your act that you don't take yourself too seriously...."

- Matt Disero

Professional Stand Up Comedy Magician

"Nathan's new book Comedy For Magicians & Mentalists is a gold mine of comedy ideas you will use. (I really like this project Nathan, you gave me some ideas, the Balloon to Huh? and A Parting Gift are both going right into my act.)"

- Floyd Collins

"My package arrived today with the Comedy Book.....Some really clever and 'Gee Why Didn't I think of that' kinda stuff. Thank you!"

- Tony Blanco

I'll try and post more feedback when I can. I'll post some of the negative quotes too....I just haven't received any other than here.

Later,

Kranzo

P.S. Make sure you take advantage of the HOLIDAY sale!!! http://www.KranzoMagic.com

KranzoMagic.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
"Many of the rest seem to be simply gleanings from other sources, books, Mss's etc, and some are pretty hoary."

I'll take that back. Just because I'm aware of them doesn't mean they've been published. Sorry.

"...any given gag that you can add to your act that gets a laugh is going to be worth $25. If you can find 2 or more, you've lucked out and the book is a bargain."

I'll stand by that, tho.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Right on...thanks Tom.

Later,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I do NOT have a new book Comedy For Magicians and Mentlaists (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL