The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Marshall Brodine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I don't know how many of you got to watch WGN on Thanksgiving day. They did a long tribute to their local produced kiddie shows, mostly focusing on Bozo the Clown. Lots of clips, especially of things that went wrong. Some hillarious clips of Marshall Brodine as our favorite bungling wizard, Wizzo. I wish I had been at home where I could have taped it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
It's being shown annually, Father, so plan now for next year. Smile

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
It also usually airs again on Christmas day too.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Having grown up in Chicago this is history to me.

It literally took you 7 years to get tickets to this show. No kidding. We were fortunate, my mom knew people who wrote when the kids were 7 and got them at 14 and they were not too interested. We got to go to the show many times. I played the game and had a birthday cake there!

I grew up and ended up at Schuliens. My second family. Doing magic there was a special treat because WGN is not too far from the restaurant.(Or where it was.) Marsh, Bob Bell, Roy Brown and the crew all came in. What a treat!

Not many know Marshall was the "outside talker" at Riverview Park as well as the Hypnotist. A true great in showbiz.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Wow...so how well did you do in the Grand Prize Game??? Great history.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
And Roy "Cookie" Brown knew the dirtiest jokes!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 23:11, Mindpro wrote:
Wow...so how well did you do in the Grand Prize Game??? Great history.

Actually it was the game at the end of the show, a team relay thing they did.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
If you want to see something really special: Marshall Brodien lent several key pieces of his collection -- including illusions performed on Bozo's Circus, vintage TV Magic merchandise, and his original Wizzo costume -- to the exhibit about Chicago magic history running until January 2, 2011 at the Elmhurst Historical Museum. Don't miss it!

http://triblocal.com/elmhurst/community/......-demand/

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I believe the original name of the show was "Bozo, gar & Ray". I believe it first aired on Christmas Eve on WGN.

My favorite part was the skit on the 3 bears. Funny stuff. Bob, Marshall & Roy are hilarious at ad-libbing.

It looks like it might air on Christmas day and Christmas eve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozo,_Gar_a......Classics

Jim
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
That first link did not work. I copied it from my browser. It should be the second link:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safa......oe=UTF-8
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 14:56, Necromancer wrote:
It's being shown annually, Father, so plan now for next year. Smile

Best,
Neil

Thanks for the info. We don't get WGN here, will have to try to get my mom or son to record it for me.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Marshall Brodine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL