The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » 'Dreamer's Highway' vs 'Royal Touch' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ivan Nikolayevich Ponyryov
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Ivan Nikolayevich Ponyryov
I know they are very different books.

From what I gather the first is a memoir of sorts and the latter offers effects with advice both practical and philosophical.

Can anybody who performs on the street and has studied both offer any advice of which book to read first or if it even matters?

(Which is your favourite and why? )

Cheers, Matt
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Royal Touch is the best book of all time!
Dreamers Highway is as you say,
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Your choices may be limited by what is currently available. I still see Royal Touch offered but I don't know where you can readily obtain a copy of Dreamer's Highway.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
"Royal Touch" is a magic book -tricks and presentations mostly, with a lot of Cellini's stories and insights tossed in. "Dreamer's..." is a memoir with some good advice and a couple of tricks thrown in.

"Royal Touch" is the more practical book of the two.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Thanks guys.

It sounds like 'Royal Touch' is the best book to begin with for my particular needs. The edge is my big concern right now.

Mario I have your dvd or actual course on my list too.

Cheers, Matt
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
If you're looking for a book to read first, check out "The Secret Art of Magic" It goes into much more detail about location and building an edge.

The Cellini book is good, if you're Cellini. It talks about what worked for him not necessarily what may work for you.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Quote:
On 2010-11-28 17:26, Dave V wrote:
If you're looking for a book to read first, check out "The Secret Art of Magic" It goes into much more detail about location and building an edge.

The Cellini book is good, if you're Cellini. It talks about what worked for him not necessarily what may work for you.

Ditto.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
I second "The Secret Art of Magic". For me the real meat is in the "2nd" book.
You know why don't act naive.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I believe Dreamer's Highway is available from Jim's widow. She probably has plenty of copies available.

If you are a busker, or even if you have ever wanted to be one, I would strongly recommend that you purchase this book, if only to support Marianne.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Bill, would you know how one could purchase "Dreamer's Highway" from Marianne?
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Just what I was thinking Jerry!
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Cellini's snail mail address as of February 2009 was;

Richard Sullivan
Im Roggebode 5
5400 Baden
Switzerland
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
I purchased my copy here, probably a couple of years ago now. He was out of stock for a while, and noted it on his website, but it looks like it's available again now.

http://www.magicfunwithpeople.com/html/magic_items.html

-Brian
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 19:59, epoptika wrote:
Cellini's snail mail address as of February 2009 was;

Richard Sullivan
Im Roggebode 5
5400 Baden
Switzerland

This was the last address I had for him. I would purchase this direct from Marianne, if possible.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
Marianne distributes Dreamers Highway through Magic Inc in Chicago: http://www.magicinc.net or (773)334-2855

Magic Inc. is also an authorized seller of The Royal Touch and other Cellini Products.

We sold our last copy of Dreamer's Highway recently, but Marianne says she'll be sending a new batch soon.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Excellent!!!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Ben, that is great news. I have done business with Magic Inc and they give top notch service and Marianne benifits too.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I just returned from Zurich with my own Signed copy of the Dreamers Highway, could not stop reading it on the Plane back to Spain great stuff.
Marianne lives just 20 min from Hoerbi who sells Cellini products you can reach him by his website http://www.zauberbar.ch/
He has Cups, The real Cellini Pouch, The Royal Touch, in English, loop balls and so much more.
Hoerbi is a good guy, a friend of Cellini and a friend of Buskers and he is a good magician. His website is in German but send him an email he speaks English as well.
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Thanks Mario. I know what I am getting for Christmas.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Three years ago, my wife and I stayed in Zürich for a week. We had a Eurail pass and used it to travel all over the country. That was when we went to visit Jim and Marianne in Baden.

One of the stops we made was at Hörbi's shop in Zürich. I had ordered a set of silver plated Cellini cups, which he had ready for me when I showed up. He gave us the contact info for Cellini, so we could buy the book from Jim rather than the shop.

Zürich is a very expensive town to stay in, but if you ever have the opportunity to visit the town, make sure you visit Hörbi's shop. It's an amazing place, and he is a very nice guy.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » 'Dreamer's Highway' vs 'Royal Touch' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL