The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » IT management (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I had an idea that I thought others might find interesting. I recently bought a small plastic box, it's the kind that's designed to hold flies for fly fishing. It's made of clear plastic, with a foam rubber insert glued inside (which is a pain to remove) The brand I got is called Plano. I made a little IT kit out of it, which holds all of my IT in a way that's ready for performance. By cutting small sections out of the foam backing that's intended to hold fishing flies I was able to compartmentalize so I could fit several prestripped sections of IT, a separate section for extra wax, my tarantula gimmik (perfect fit), with room to spare for a thread boss. The case is just slightly larger than a deck of cards.(though they come in several sizes) The nice thing is, it opens like a book, has a latch at the side that is well made so it won't open when I don't want it to, and the case is strong plastic so it'll take a bit of a beating without harming the contents.

Now I can carry all of my IT stuff in one little box that fits easily in my pocket, with next to instant access to it. Just a moment to hook up and I'm ready, and if something breaks I've got backup just a moment away without having to go to my closeup case.

Anyway, thought that might be something some of you would be interested in. Have fun with it.
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
I also thought about using the device that holds fishhooks that have pre tied leaders. The tension of the springs may be too much for IT, but someting like that would keep each IT seperate.

The fly box sounds like a very good idea.

Mulee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » IT management (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL