The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » U.F.O. = Fact or Fiction? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
It seems to me that the surest sign of intelligent life on other planets, is that they haven't visited yet.

Jennieprice Smile
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
Quote:
On 2003-08-12 20:13, dpe666 wrote:
I believe in UFOs, but if they are looking for something interesting to watch, then Earth must be the Home Shopping Network of the universe. That or the Comedy Channel. Smile

Or the Sci Fi Channel! Smile
DaveS
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
Quote:
On 2003-08-15 13:22, jennieprice wrote:
It seems to me that the surest sign of intelligent life on other planets, is that they haven't visited yet.

Jennieprice Smile

I couldn't agree more! Smile Smile
DAveS
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
You know how in the movies the aliens always know our language because they've been "monitoring our radio and tv broadcasts for years..." well..if they do the same thing with computers now this would be one of their favorite sites!!! Now that's an new thought...is there magic practiced and performed on other planets????

Really though...the more I find out about the Roswell incident...the MORE it looks like it DID happen!!!

Did anybody see the tv special where they had a guy that enlarged the message in the one Air Force officer's hand (in one of the pics posed in the cover-up...he has it slightly toward the camera) where you can read some of it????? What it says is amazing!!! And yet iteam another to add to the list of "if it didn't reall happen then why...."

But this is the best "smoking gun" yet!!!

Check it out (and ALL the Roswell FACTS) at:

http://www.roswellproof.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Back in the 40's we (USA... our government) brought in German scientists, and a bit later some Japanese scientists who did research in rocket/aircraft design and also studies about the biological limitations of human physiology. I'm being polite about the latter research, as the participants did not give informed consent or for that matter... were not willing.

Okay, imagine the scene here as news of groups of odd people working in sequestered bases in the middle of nowhere start to show and tell about their work.

The official term for a non-citizen is 'alien'. These folks did not look like the average well fed white Americans from the midwest. The physiological data contained lots of pictures of 'findings'. And the imported aircraft were quite unusual, and were most likely brought over in parts. These were looked over and some were likely tested. It seems both the Japanese and the Germans were close to having jet and rocket aircraft into production.

Yes, with the FACTS in mind it does seem likely that something was found in Roswell NM. There is a BIG sequestered airforce base not 50 miles away.

And now a better question... Given what we know about the elements in the peroidic table, there should be stable elements at about atomic weight 450 or so. These do not exist here, would be extremely dense, and a remarkably simple way to demonstrate the presence advanced technolgy. Even a one inch cube of this sort of thing would announce the existance of other intellegent life. And unlike volitile or biological agents, this would also NOT harm the environment, as the stuff should be stable and not interact with organic material.

So, while the odds make it unlikely we are alone, it's something else to confuse that which is unidentified with that which might be from a far distant and non terrestrial civilization.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
As a former 4 year veteran field investigator for The Mutual UFO Network (and I'm not just saying that to impress the ladies!), I must be honest here. Years of study and research on the part of many devoted and objective people with MUFON and the information that they have shared with me over the years has led me to one solution...

...FICTION!

*grumble, grumble* What a waste of four years.
Smile
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
would that make you the 'mufon man' like in the song?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Lyndsy M.
View Profile
New user
Ontario, Canada
6 Posts

Profile of Lyndsy M.
I beleive, I think it would be ignorant not to!
Smile
Check out Peter Loughran's newest illusions:
www.masterofillusions.ca
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
I disagree, I think it would only be ignorant not to consider it. The evidence one encounters in life will lead to their perspective on any issue. As long as you're open-minded, it's not ignorant. Personally I have yet to be convinced of the existence of extraterrestrials any more than of the existence of ghosts, god, fate, angels, after-life or (drumroll please) magic. This doesn't mean none of these things exist; I'm just keeping my options open like any sane human being. If I ever become so convinced of any belief that it dominates all my actions and thoughts, then I'll have trouble.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I agree that UFOs exist, if you go by what those letters mean (Unidentified Flying Objects).

Unfortunately, too many think UFO means "Undeniably From some Other planet or dimension."

As far as that goes, the jury is still out, but the evidence in favor is none-too-convincing in my book.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Visit the BUFORA Website.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

I did.

My turn: check out the CSICOP website.

Steve
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
I was about to edit further info. Steve when your message invalidated my action. One of the old reports on BUFORA is mine. I am not insane, attention seeking, on drugs or booze! I was just loading out of a village hall in the country after a Christmas Party in the 1990s and happened to look up . . . no further comment!
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
In the 1960's, the U.S. Air Force conducted a series of studies regarding the existence of UFOS dubbed Project Blue Book. This was in addition to several other studies, including those of prominent scientist J. Allen Hynek. You can get FBI and CIA files about the projects/studies/Roswell at the following sites:

http://foia.fbi.gov/bluebook.htm
http://www.foia.cia.gov/ufo.asp

...Or search http://www.foia.cia.gov for "Extraterrestrial."

I find it inconceivable that there is NOT life elsewhere in the universe. Whether we have been visited by alien life forms is doubtful. Why should we believe that they have the technology to even do such a thing? Perhaps any aliens that might conceivably exist are at the same evolutionary and technological level that we are!
JJDrew
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
221 Posts

Profile of JJDrew
OK, regarding the Roswell incident, I have my own theory which I have only mentioned to a couple of people, but I don't have enough of the details to properly verify my theory. My ex was really interested in the idea of it and read a number of books that spoke of alien life and government coverups. I was accosted with, "Well, if that's not what happened, what did? See this letter? What was that guy talking about if not aliens?" Here's what I came up with.

Look first of all at the time period, not long after WWII. We know that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and had the technology to get as far as California. The choice to attack Hawaii was a strategical decision, not one based on physical limitations. Now if a Japanese aircraft could get as far as California, it seems reasonable that one could get as far as New Mexico. It's not that much further.

Scenario: Japan has lost the war, but still hasn't given up scouting. For some reason they decide to send a surveillance plane into the U.S. Possibly to see how far it could get, or maybe it went off course and got there by accident. In either case, it crashes in NM.

The U.S. finds itself in an akward situation. The presence of a hostile foreign aircraft that far inland in the United States could have caused a panic. Particularly if it was from a country that was supposed to have been utterly defeated. The mainland U.S. was supposed to be unimpregnable and very safe.

Now a couple of reasons why I would suspect a Japanese aircraft. First, consider the classic pictures of the "aliens" found there. They look a lot like humans (bipeds with opposable thumbs) but shorter and with large slanted eyes and tiny chins. The green color is a classic assumption. The lack of hair could easily be explained by the fact that most military that involves mechanical devices require short haircuts. How many simply shave their heads to make life easier?

The odds of alien life being intelligent enough to make it to earth, and looking that much like a human are incredibly small. The odds that a lone exporing aircraft from Japan could make it to the mainland U.S. without being detected is much greater.

I remember the description of the aircraft in this book by one of the soldiers who was at the crash site and remember particularly one phrase of the letter he sent when he felt it was his duty to disclose to the American public that aliens were among us. In this phrase he described the "strange symbols" on the side of the aircraft. He said specifically that they weren't Arabic and they weren't Russian. He says nothing about them not being Japanese (which would be Chinese characters, but he doesn't mention Chinese either). What are the odds that an American soldier in that time period who had never travelled to other countries would recognize Japanese writing if he saw it?

Ok, so now we have an actual crash that the U.S. government wants to cover up as to not cause a panic. Rumors spread that it was an alien spacecraft. Many people find this silly and decide that there was nothing at all. Those who believe the rumors are certain the government is hiding alien bodies and technology.

The government sets up a secret military facility. The alien enthusiasts are so focused on the aliens that are there that they don't consider what else could be there. The government has had, for the past 50 years, a base on which they could do absolutely anything and not be questioned, because the only people who question it think they already know what is being hidden. A secure facility that nobody asks questions about would be a very useful thing for a government to have.

OK, that's my theory of what happened. Those of you who know more about aliens and Roswell, feel free to pick it apart. There may be details of which I'm unaware which would make certain parts of it impossible, but so far it's the most logical explanation I've been able to come up with.

Have fun!

P.S. If I don't respond to replies in a month, assume the government read this and had me killed. Smile
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
There are so many holes in the various theories about what happened at Roswell that the incident might as well be a piece of Swiss Cheese.

For one, only 1 to 2 people even claimed they SAW bodies, and one of them had a history (I believe) of alchoholism. Both people concede that the bodies were more or less covered at the time.

Although the official story was that a water baloon crashed, the amount of secrecy surrounding the event and the evidence of cover-ups by USAF officials suggests something greater.

Not something, however, as great as an alien landing.

One possibility is that it was an early test of a spy plane, perhaps even the predecessor of the U2, which was tested first at Groom Lake, Nevada ("Area 51"), only about 150 miles away from Roswell.

JJDrew, your idea is interesting, but don't you think that if they were Japanese the witnesses would have noticed that they were human?
felipão
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of felipão
UFO does exist...
I have seen a few!
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Yes, UFOs exist.

After they are identified, they become IFOs.
Smile
Steve
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
If you were an alien visitor, would you want to visit this planet with all of the war, hatred, pollution and other bad stuff going on that humans have the propensity to engage in? If I were an alien, I'd step on the gas pedal and pass this planet by as fast as I could! We must look like savage, deranged idiots to them!!!
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
We know that our universe is finite because of gravity and it's effects but in my opinion "space" which goes on into infinity may contain an infinite number of universes some of which may be much larger or smaller than our own. I think it takes much more faith to believe that we are the only intellegent life in the infinite cosmo's than it does think that we are not alone.
As far as being visited by alien's from another world, who knows. I find it very interesting that we have ancient drawings of human looking beings wearing what looks like a helmet on their heads and what looks like an object (not natural) flying in the sky. Photo's of these images have appeared in such magazines as National Geographic, Omni and Scientific American and the time that they were made was long before man made flying machines. It is difficult to look at these pictures and not think that long ago there was a technology that exsisted that was very similar to our own today.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » U.F.O. = Fact or Fiction? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL