The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Trick With Lighters For Kids? (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
This joke is old now. Give it a rest.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Quote:
On 2010-12-19 03:15, ku7uk3 wrote:
This joke is old now. Give it a rest.

Sorry man, are you trying to tell one?

To some of you and I mean that to a certain few that actualy believe I may not have been serious about this whole fiasco...oh but I was, I WAS. Matter of fact since this threads creation I've done more magic with lighters than I thought possible.

:)
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Quote:
about this whole fiasco
:)

Do I need to say more. I wont comment any further, continue annoying people if you want.
TomFoolery
View Profile
New user
Gloucester
83 Posts

Profile of TomFoolery
There are two or three reasons why I dropped fire from my kids act:
1/ I kept forgetting matches / lighters
2/ Myself and my props would smell of smoke and lighter fluid (especially my dove pan).
3/ Increase in very sensitive smoke detectors
4/ Insurance

However a family show is different, if mums and dads present with a clean family presentation I think fire is OK but for a kids birthday party a big no no.

Tom
Bagatelli
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of Bagatelli
Quote:
Check out my review of 'Close-Up magic for Children' by Practical Magic on the review thread.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=111&7

Thank you for you review, but also thank you for the hint/the link in the children section.
Otherwise I woul have passed it, because I normaly only use this section.
Booter
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Booter
As a retired fire prevention officer, I'll tell you two things:
1 kiddies CAN and do light childproof lighters lighters, and cause damage. We had a school burn to the ground, because a student lit some paper on the wall on fire.

2 teaching lighters and matches are tools not toys is OK, showing fire or fire play as magical is just plain irresponsible.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2016, Booter wrote:
1 kiddies CAN and do light childproof lighters lighters, and cause damage. We had a school burn to the ground, because a student lit some paper on the wall on fire.

2 teaching lighters and matches are tools not toys is OK, showing fire or fire play as magical is just plain irresponsible.

Whether I agree with you or not - and I don't, as it happens - why bring this up after six years?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22853 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I used matches to perform the Baking A Cake in that routine. The cake, magically made, was delicious. I also light my Fantasio Candle before vanishing.

I think people here are over reacting on both sides of the argument. Do what you feel is right for you.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
775 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2016, Booter wrote:

i tend to lean toward this thinking, I've used fire in my shows before and as a kid practicing my magic I should have burnt down my house numerous times.

I think Barry Mitchell recommended using "magic fire" in your show. meaning not fire from matches or lighters but perhaps from fickle fire gimmick. I would think
that is the best option if fire is used in kids shows.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Remember...... Tony doesn't use fire with kids........ just teachers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Trick With Lighters For Kids? (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL