The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Vacation in Pigeon Forge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
207 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
Spent Thanksgiving weekend in Pigeon Forge TN... here's my observations.

Major "props" to Magic & More, an apparently family-run magic shop (3526 Parkway, Suite 3; Tel-865.908.2955). Folks were friendly and knowledgeable, had lots of magic for sale, and was priced great!

The "Magic Beyond Belief" show seemed well-attended based on those exiting the theater (I could only see one show and opted for Terry Evanswood in “The Wonders of Magic at WonderWorks.”, see below). But they also had an amazingly well-stocked magic shop at decent prices. The show closes Dec 31 (theater is being sold and razed... no plans for the future yet).

Biggest disappointment was Terry Evanswood in “The Wonders of Magic at WonderWorks.” I went Sunday afternoon (there is only 1 show at 3pm daily). I had called about 1:30 to verify the time. I stepped up to the ticket counter at 2:45 and was told the show had been canceled since only 2 families had reserved. Monday was up in the air, since only 7 families had reserved. BUMMER! Slim pickins at the magic shop section at Wonderworks.

I was looking very forward to TE's show, since it seems to feature more magic and less theatrics (IMHO).

So, that's my report. Hope this helps!
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Sad to hear the show was cancelled. Tony Brent does a great job with the magic show at the Florida WonderWorks. Maybe it takes a while for the show to build up a following, but if there are only a few folks they probably can't afford to lose money by running the show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Vacation in Pigeon Forge (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL