The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Sprained my finger and wonder if there's a gimmick for split fan productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
Yeah, so I sprained my left little finger and it's useless for card productions in my manipulation act. Until it heals I'm using a card catcher on the left hand for single productions, but there's a phase in my act where I do split fans. Anybody know of a similar gimmick for split fans? I modified the act to use my right hand more, but after watching a practice video it looks too stiff and flat.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sorry to say, you are 50 years to late, Abbott's Magic in the good old 1960's use to make special cards for that were used with a card catcher, that 2 cards would look like 5 cards when produced. Due to poor sales they no longer make this unique way for easy production of fans of cards from the air.
juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
Yeah, I'm actually in the process of trying to make make some cards like that,but they're too thick and get stuck. I'm thinking maybe photoshop is the way to go...although be nice to have it already made. Might be easier and less time consuming to build a time machine and go back 50 years.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Look for a Fa-Ko deck or one of the other decks that has large numbers of gaffed cards in it. You will find what you need, or at least something similar.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Get in touch with Arsene Lupin and order his set of split fan fakes. They are very good.
http://www.arsenelupin.pl/
juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
Thanks bojanbarisic. I e-mailed Arsene about ordering some. Any chance there's some video out there of the performance?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Sprained my finger and wonder if there's a gimmick for split fan productions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL