The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Curtis Kam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
If its still available you can get it here:

Http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/curtis-ka......662.html
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Hare
I agree that his Pocketbook is fantastic. It is more about the intricacies of coin magic- the little details and ins and outs- handy philosophy and tips, rather than tricks or routines. There's none of that here.

This is exactly the sort of book that is sorely lacking for coin magicians, which is what makes this tiny booklet so great. I've read it several times, and find myself nodding my head about things I never thought too much about, but found out along the way in the course of doing coin stuff for years and years.

Too often, I think, we want more and more new "tricks" and we forget that it's the basics that we need to streamline and improve and think about. Curtis Kam seems very aware about what is really important, and he shares these intimacies he has picked up along the way in a quite pleasant manner in this little coin handbook.
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I've bought so much stuff the last few years, I don't know half of what I have. I thought "The Pocketbook" sounded familiar, and looking through my stuff, there it was. Excellent, excellent book. Thanks for reminding me of it.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3722 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 5, 2015, Craig Ousterling wrote:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202

Thx.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3722 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 5, 2015, Ray Haining wrote:
I've bought so much stuff the last few years, I don't know half of what I have. I thought "The Pocketbook" sounded familiar, and looking through my stuff, there it was. Excellent, excellent book. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Ray,

You might want to consider logging what you have in a spreadsheet. I have a spreadsheet with everything I own. In addition, I have entered some comments that help me find stuff. I make note of things I might want to refer to later, be it a move or a fun effect. I can search on key words. You might even enjoy setting up the spreadsheet by going back through all your stuff one at a time to see what you have.

KJ
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
KJ, thanks for the tips.
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
Quote:
On May 5, 2015, Ray Haining wrote:
I love Curtis Kam. What is this "Pocketbook" talked about above?

I just finished reading this. Coin magicians striving to make their performance sets better should look into this book. The way he has organized this book, well, this is my new foundation for how to take lecture notes.

Well done. I wish I had known about 7 years ago!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Curtis Kam (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL