The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » How to practice? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So you have all your DVD courses down pat. Doesn't matter what they are geared toward. Could be stage, street or whatever. How does one go about practicing? All the knowledge in the world does not help in the least if you can not put it into practical application. I mean it can get pretty darn tiresome using the exact same group of subjects. Heck at some point you even start to lose a bit of credability.

Here is what I might suggest. It does not matter if you aspire to the stage the street or the pub it is a workable idea for anyone.

Have a party. Yea big news right? Well here is the idea. Not a party for your friends and family. No. Rather have a party for a group of your "friends friends". I mean people who have no idea who you are. Even friends of your family you are not familiar with. Let them know the purpose of the party so you end up with pretty willing subjects.

There is a side effect in that your friends also sort of get to see what you can do. This does work. I have shown a few people and they did this with great success. Plus it is a pretty good confidence builderonce it is all said and done. Like I said it does not matter what you aspire to, it is a workable idea. Give it a shot.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Excellent. Agreed. "Friends friends" are often the way to go.
There's a lot of mileage in statements beginning with "I've got this friend who's a hypnotist..."
Before you know it, you'll be performing for friends, friends' friends AND friends' friends' friends Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
I like it Danny. I do believe I might actually use this idea.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
That's great advice.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Its exactly what I did when I started. Although it was also called a show. But everybody knew IO was starting out. It went perfectly. Ionly did two of them then straight into paid shows after that.
Brett
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Brett
Great Idea! And it only costs you a bag of chips and some soda/beer. Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Welcome to The Café Brett. Already we can see that hosting comes fairly natural to you.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Better still charge a small fee and give it to a charity. You will also get members of the charity coming along as well as friends. Plus there are many places in the UK that will give you the room free. I used a comminuty centre last time. If you do something for the community they will do everything to help you.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 14:05, mindpunisher wrote:
Better still charge a small fee and give it to a charity. You will also get members of the charity coming along as well as friends. Plus there are many places in the UK that will give you the room free. I used a comminuty centre last time. If you do something for the community they will do everything to help you.

A fantastic addition to a pretty good idea.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Here's another one for you; I just did a 'ladies night'. I know I know, I sound like a male stripper, but I do these home parties doing spooky stuff where I can earn a decent fee mid-week and there's always the chance of sex during the readings in the side room (stop it, that's a joke!).
But here's the thing. Tonight, after being asked how mediums enter the trance state, I decided to do some tests to see who could be trained to enter the trance state.
You're ahead of me by now yeah?
The main thing is it was a blast. Try it, you'll like it.
Brett
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Brett
Lmao at bobser. All you had to say was "You're ahead of me by now yeah?" and my mind was long gone with sordid imaginings. Too funny.
MrMclachlan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of MrMclachlan
Danny,

As a teenager I have only recently gotten into the field of Hypnosis. I have performed hypnosis successfully a few times without fail, but finding new and different ways in which to practise before I am truelly confident has been hard. Thankyou for this post as I now have some different ways of being able to find new participants to "practise on" if you will.

Thanks also Bobser I shall look out for your advice Smile
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>>Here's another one for you; I just did a 'ladies night'. I know I know, I sound like a male stripper, but I do these home parties doing spooky stuff <<<

I imagine seeing Bobser strip would be spooky. Talk about raising the dead...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-12-11 00:01, MrMclachlan wrote:
Danny,

As a teenager I have only recently gotten into the field of Hypnosis. I have performed hypnosis successfully a few times without fail, but finding new and different ways in which to practise before I am truelly confident has been hard. Thankyou for this post as I now have some different ways of being able to find new participants to "practise on" if you will.

Thanks also Bobser I shall look out for your advice Smile

Not a problem. This is ALWAYS the toughest part about developing the skill. No doubt.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
MrMclachlan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of MrMclachlan
I totally agree with you Danny, it can be quite tough
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Danny - great suggestion.
Might I add that you start with suggestability tests, (or "experiments") with no mention of hypnosis to determine whom your best subjects are, before proceding to practice your pre-talk and get in to the "heavy" stuff?

:)

Most of my friends are reluctant to "be hypnotized" but are not averse to participating in "suggestability tests" and respond VERY well when the "threat" of being hypnotized has been removed - call it another way to gain trust. Smile
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A good opening lecture will take care of all that. No need for me to do it that way. If you have a weak opening then go for it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » How to practice? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL