We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop cup that will fit a full-sized lemon? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The first leather chop cup I got was from Harry Stanley's Unique Studio, in London and it came with a glass of liquid load w/holder. Didn't care to carry liquid so I never really used it. After that I often did Ron Wilson's routine.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
topchange52
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of topchange52
After doing a chop cup routine for many years as a "table hopper" I have learnt a couple of things, firstly the size of the load is not as important as the size compared to the cup. In other words get the load to be as big as possible compared to the cup you're using. I used a fairly small leather cup that could take a lime and a small orange but the reaction I got/get was as good as if I was using a full sized cup with larger loads. Secondly always give the fruit out for examination(assuming they are real!) For years I didn't do this and you'd be surprised how many people think they maust be fake/collapsable in some way. You get additional credit when they pick them up and dicsover the're real!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Maybe it's because I know how it's done, but my mind would never go to collapsable fruit. The idea just seems odd to me.
As for real versus fake, I would think that the load itself would be the surprise. What's the difference between a fake apple and a juggling ball from a toy store? For me, it's not that the lemon load is real or fake, it's that it sure wasn't under the cup before and now it is.
I personally don't let spectators handle the props, and I produce them in such a way that I've never once had someone want to handle the loads.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2532 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
DougNicols,

I sent a PM (Private Message) to you. (Follow the 'Private Messages' link in the upper right corner of each Magic Café page.)

-Barry
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13383 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2010-12-06 17:31, helder wrote:
Yeah, I agree, Morrisey cups are the best for chop cup.

helder

Darn. I was striving to make ours be the best and thought I was doing a good job.
Now I come to realize that Morrisey is the best after all.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
If it helps, Frank, I may pick up one of your leather chop cups in the new year. Might ease the pain somewhat.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1150 Posts

Profile of APC
If it makes you feel better, Frank, your leather cup is my favorite! Seriously though, having a leather cup makes loading billiard balls much easier and the cup Frank made me is brown with dark green which looks like a pool table color scheme. I also like having it leather as it hides the method a lot more in my opinion. I'm still not comfortable performing for an audience yet, but I think I'm getting there.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 15:41, baskitboy5 wrote:
If it makes you feel better, Frank, your leather cup is my favorite! Seriously though, having a leather cup makes loading billiard balls much easier and the cup Frank made me is brown with dark green which looks like a pool table color scheme. I also like having it leather as it hides the method a lot more in my opinion. I'm still not comfortable performing for an audience yet, but I think I'm getting there.

Sounds like the one I was looking at. The brown gator with green interior Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 00:04, Pete Biro wrote:
The first leather chop cup I got was from Harry Stanley's Unique Studio, in London and it came with a glass of liquid load w/holder. Didn't care to carry liquid so I never really used it. After that I often did Ron Wilson's routine.

Mine came from Supreme, but it was lacking the liquid load. However, it was probably some of the leftover stock from Stanley's that Supreme acquired during the 1970's.

Great minds...
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13383 Posts

One other note regarding my cups that might interest some of you.... they work perfectly with Jim Riser's chopped dice.

To be clear, I have nothing against the Morrissey Chop Cups. They are great for the price. Same with the ickle pickle widemouth.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 16:34, Frank Starsini wrote:
One other note regarding my cups that might interest some of you.... they work perfectly with Jim Riser's chopped dice.

To be clear, I have nothing against the Morrissey Chop Cups. They are great for the price. Same with the ickle pickle widemouth.

Sold! I better get a set of jumbo dice as well. Once I've got the money anyway.
I'll be posting a kidney in the For Sale section if anyone's interested. Got two, only need one. Perfect condition (probably.) No instructions included.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13383 Posts

Lol
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Zuber... being in Newcastle, you should LOAD COAL
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
I have Frank's leather cup and, coincidence of coincidence, I am awaiting receipt of chopped dice from Jim Riser. My plan is to use the dice with a two billiard ball load with a gambling theme along the lines of the color monte patter/idea
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have a dice stack chop cup... lots of possibilities.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 20:00, Pete Biro wrote:
Zuber... being in Newcastle, you should LOAD COAL

Just what I want to use my UK work visa for - coal!
Maybe I could swipe a few pieces for final loads.
topchange52
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of topchange52
Andrewzuber - "I personally don't let spectators handle the props, and I produce them in such a way that I've never once had someone want to handle the loads...."

Now I know why you don't let them handle the loads, working in Newcastle you'd never see them again!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Ha! Yeah I had too many bad experiences doing my act on Skid Row. You lose more final loads of pennies that way....
john oleson
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of john oleson
I use a watemelon as the final load ... never fails to amaze spectators ... sometimes, though it falls off the table and makes a heck of a mess ... oh, and it's a seasonal thing.

johno
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2010-12-09 17:58, john oleson wrote:
I use a watemelon as the final load ... never fails to amaze spectators ... sometimes, though it falls off the table and makes a heck of a mess ... oh, and it's a seasonal thing.

johno

So you must be using a Chopped bucket then? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop cup that will fit a full-sized lemon? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL