We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop cup that will fit a full-sized lemon? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There are some wastebaskets spun from stainless steel that would work for this kind of a load.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
There are also watermelons small enough to fit in a Gazzo style production, in lieu of a honeydew melon or cantaloupe.
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Old joke: "I threw a watermelon out the window and it came down SQUASH." Bada boom.

Posted: Dec 9, 2010 9:21pm
Oh do I smell... had a can of WD-40 explode and spray me.... argh....
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magic_up_close
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of magic_up_close
LOL
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
148 Posts

Profile of BobMc
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 16:34, Frank Starsini wrote:
One other note regarding my cups that might interest some of you.... they work perfectly with Jim Riser's chopped dice.

With the idea of using chopped dice with a leather cup and a billiard final load, along with Jim Riser's suggestions on his web page about also incorporating poker chips for something like Chink-a-Chink, I have a very rough idea of what could be a very good gambling routine. Maybe describe a situation in the past where I was able to win a lot of money gambling and use that story to tie together 3 tricks. Maybe start with a poker trick like something from Simon Aronson to show how I could win any hand of poker. Then comment that even if I did ever lose, I had the ability to move poker chips around anyway and perform Chink-a-Chink. After the group I was gambling was realizing that playing poker with me was futile, I then suggested a game using dice (I need to figure out a good gambling routine using the leather cup and the dice). After the group I was gambling with was becoming convinced that they couldn't win at this dice game either, I suggested a game of pool, where I would produce a billiard ball from the cup. I may going to try to work on this, and thanks to Frank and Jim for the ideas.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Rune Klan has a trash-can and soccer-ball routine. You can see it here.

Woland
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
BobMC.... you can dice stack or get a whip cup and show you can't lose .... or get some goofy misspotted dice. I used to do 3 in hand none in pocket with small dice.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
I have recently received the Riser chopped dice and am using them with Frank's leather cup. There is a "talking" issue with "special" die when it is released and either hits the close up pad or rolls into the side of the cup. I am trying to figure a way around that without just resorting to slapping my hand on the table to cover the noise.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5735 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2010-12-08 07:27, topchange52 wrote:
Secondly always give the fruit out for examination(assuming they are real!) For years I didn't do this and you'd be surprised how many people think they maust be fake/collapsable in some way. You get additional credit when they pick them up and dicsover the're real!

Depending on which size of cup I'm using, I'll either use a rubber ball, which I bounce off of the floor after producing it, or a golf ball, which I drop onto the table. The spectators don't waste time touching the loads, because they can see that they're solid.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-12-26 11:40, denisb wrote:
I have recently received the Riser chopped dice and am using them with Frank's leather cup. There is a "talking" issue with "special" die when it is released and either hits the close up pad or rolls into the side of the cup. I am trying to figure a way around that without just resorting to slapping my hand on the table to cover the noise.

Use a thicker close-up mat.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
There is also chatter when the die bounces against the side of the cup. It may be that I am too sensitive to the sound and have yet to try this out on an audience. It will be some time before that happens because I need to routine this and practice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop cup that will fit a full-sized lemon? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL