The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Bob Elliott (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I lost a dear, close, friend today. Bob Elliott died this morning. It's difficult... HL.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Bob was a tremendous person, beloved in the magic community. He will be sorely missed.

John
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Sincere condolences. Losing close friends is always difficult. May he live on in your memory.

-Allen M.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
So very sorry.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
A great loss for the magic community. Bob was a kind, considerate, and talented magician, and will be missed. RIP Bob.
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
Sorry for your loss, Harry. It is very hard losing a close friend. It's like a part of you dies, too.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Bob was one of the most humble men I've ever met. When I spoke to him about how much I enjoyed his work he actually started crying. It moves me even now thinking about it. He actually felt like I was doing HIM a favor posing for photos and getting his autograph. That's humility- and it's a lesson I hope never to forget.

You will be missed Mr. Elliott.
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
496 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
I'm very sad to hear this. Bob Elliott was a great man! It was an honor to have known him.

Asher
LEARN ONE CARD ROUTINE EVERY MAGICIAN MUST KNOW
Click Here To Get Started Right Away
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
My sympathies are with you for your loss, Harry.

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
I don't know how many of you know this-- but Dr. Jeff Pearson, who logs in here occasionally has been taking care of Bob. Not just medically-- Jeff would take out Bob and his wife Happy every Saturday for lunch. In the last few years, Jeff has made it a point to take care of elderly magicians in this area. He is, in short, once of the niceest and generous people I've ever met in magic.

Every single one of us should thank Jeff-- not only because he cares about magic and takes care of some-- but because he is an example of love and generosity for all of us.

SEY
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
Sincere condolences to Bob's family and to his intimate circle, such as Harry. An erudite Jew from Tarsus once wrote that love is stronger than death. May it be so.
To try is to risk failure; not to try, to guarantee it.
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
I stayed with Bob and Happy many years ago. He was a real good guy and gave me one of my best lines. I'm sorry to hear he passed.

Andrew
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
isis_izumi
View Profile
New user
Tokyo
50 Posts

Profile of isis_izumi
Oh, RIP Bob. Again one of the greatests becomes history
Jeff Hinchliffe
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, ON Canada
280 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hinchliffe
Another loss for the world of magic...

My condolences to those who knew him well (family and friends). May he rest in peace...
Pick a card, any card...
MrBillMagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MrBillMagic
My condolences to Happy and the family. Bob was a good friend and a great magician. He received his greatest joy from teaching everyone, especially kids. You will be deeply missed by all those who knew you.
Sean-Dylan
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Sean-Dylan
I met Bob as a teenager in the 80's. He instantly befriended me, taught me more magic than I could remember, brought me in as a counselor to the Tannen's Magic Camp, helped get me a job as a demonstrator at Tannen's, had me over to his house countless times and introduced me to the many of the greatest Magicians in the world. He treated me like family. When I went to College in Buffalo, he introduced me to everyone at the Fork's Hotel, who treated me like family as well because of my association with Bob. He was a GREAT guy and generous beyond belief. I doubt I will ever encounter another like him and I will miss him dearly.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Wow what teribble news my prayers are for Bob and his Family
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
jayres
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of jayres
So sorry to hear hear this Harry. May he rest in peace.

Jay
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2010-12-07 20:18, Harry Lorayne wrote:
I lost a dear, close, friend today. Bob Elliott died this morning. It's difficult... HL.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend.

Remember that afternoon in Tannen's right after your Epitome Location hit print when Bob got us calling it the "epi-tome" location and then you came in and he told you we were misreading "epitome"? Smile

I suspect he's affected lots of us in magic as a positive influence.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
I first met Bob as a young teenager in the mid-70's after scraping enough money together to make the trip to Tannen's & having some left over to buy some new trick or piece of equipment. He counseled me about getting 'bang for my buck' by acquiring books that taught technique & presentations rather than buying a single gaff or trick.

Like everyone else I found him to be genuine, warm and truly interested in my journey in magic. I'm fortunate to have spent just a little time with him as a teenager.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Bob Elliott (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL