The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » 4 Way Split - Completed Pics! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Here are some pictures of the first of three 4 Way Splits being built (not mine, mine is on the way).

First, the illusion starts like this and our lady gets in. http://stolzillusions.com/4-way-closed-800.jpg

Then, we drop 6 blades in and lift the inner boxes out into this formation. http://stolzillusions.com/4-way-open-800.jpg

The illusion is spun around, reversed and out she comes unharmed! Once I get mine, I will be doing up a smashing good video and taking a whole whack of pictures.
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Wow! Impressive work Chris!
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Thanks Magicque but I can't take credit for the build - only the concept and design. Dream Illusions is building these.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Super duper.. ican't wait to see yours done.. or a good video! I know how much work you put into this!
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Awesome! This is a beauty for sure. I can't wait to see it in action. Thanks for sharing.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Great looking prop, what I don't like is the two iner boxes are smaller, and is there a way to produce a second girl form the prop??
Lavey
View Profile
Regular user
Luxembourg
150 Posts

Profile of Lavey
Great work!
Christian Lavey
Magician from Luxembourg https://lavey.lu
Magicien de Luxembourg https://lavey.lu
Zauberer aus Luxemburg https://lavey.lu
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Chris, this looks great!! Can't wait to see a video.
Mike
abra
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of abra
Looks good! three questions can the holes in the side of the boxes be explained? do you put a round rod though to lift the boxes onto the platforms? also does this Illusion require two people to lift the boxes up? or can this whole Illusion be accomplished by the magician.

Thanks,
Abra
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Awesome! It looks as good as I always thought it would. I love this illusion, and have always wanted to see one built and used in performance. Thank you so much for the pictures Chris!
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
The concept is great there are two ways to enchase the illusion one by adding swords one to penetrate each box and the other by adding tiptronic h... .
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Or you can add a drawing of the lady and make a whole for a foot and a way for a hand on the upper left box .
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Thanks guys. The holes in the prop are a part of a custom add on for the first buyer - he will be penetrating the boxes with poles plus one or two other bits. As far as the standard performance goes, it only needs one magician and one assistant.
flight10
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of flight10
Great job Chris. An illusion that you can load your assistant do the deed and unload her all in front of the audience and from what I can see, can be done surrounded. Not too many of these out on the market that offer you that much flexibility. Best of luck with this one.
Arepsi
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
147 Posts

Profile of Arepsi
In my opinion this would be great if it's as small as the konundrum kube. The assistant position is same inside the box. And if it's not four way split then it could be three way. Anyway my point is I prefer more KK and subtrunk from murray, because those will fit inside back of car trunk. And also, my stages are not so big. Excellent work of art.

Arepsi
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
It would be great if it were as small as KK but it wouldn't be able to have those cool legs Smile The assistant position is a little different however, and very comfortable. Once I get mine, I'm pretty certain my wife will be Facebooking on her Blackberry while she's in the thing.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
A wonderful and clean looking prop, congrats!

Chris, my specialty is creating imaginative, custom, presentations, routines, themes, or stories (spoken or silent) to enhance the performance, impact, and deceptiveness of an illusion.

I think with a prop as lovely as this, it's important to take it far beyond the "slick music, dance, turn it around, bow" cliché so many shows include.

If you'd like to brainstorm, like some direction, ideas or advice on your presentation, I'd be happy to work with you to get the most our of your new piece, at no charge. I hate to see a valuable prop underused or not creatively performed.

And I'd suggest keep it simple, don't add extras like poles or swords, I believe this would simply muddy the plot, confuse the premise, and perhaps over-prove the illusion.

If you want to research my style or reputation more there is a twenty page pdf for download of my book at Leaping Lizards Magic site.

My thoughts, Walt
James FX
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
178 Posts

Profile of James FX
Chris it looks terrific! As good (if not BETTER!) than your renderings, brilliant design. Congrats on the completion Smile
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Thanks guys!

I've got a couple fun ideas Walt but I'm always happy to toss more around!

One idea includes talking about how I spend much time "cutting" a deck of cards and yet it never seems to scream or feel pain - but SHE might! (this may or may not end up involving me treating the blades to look like cards).

Thanks again for the kind words and I'm happy to chat about ideas here in open forum - go nuts!
Doruk Ãœlgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ãœlgen
Great, great,great...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » 4 Way Split - Completed Pics! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL