The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MK-MOD ESP testing cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Following months of consultation, design and writing I am proud to announce MK-MOD, a set of printed ESP test cards. They are available through The First Column currently, although they may appear in your local store next year.

They were designed and produced in consultation with magicians and mentalists around the world, as well as with ex-British armed forces and Ministry of Defence staff.

The most noticeable difference between the MK-MOD cards and most others on the market is that they do not have playing card-style back designs. Instead they have a 'test card' design, to help paranormal researchers calibrate video cameras and other experiment-monitoring equipment.

The most important features of the MK-MOD set include:

+ High-visibility marking

+ Unmarked deck included

+ Double-faced cards (for some classic effects)

+ Double-backed card

+ Modern scientific back design theme

+ M.O.D.-style tuck box

+ Bridge-sized cards

+ Cards fit alternative Royal ESP boxes

+ Printed to top specification by Fournier

+ 300gsm card with smooth finish for maximum authenticity and durability
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
314 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Ted,
The cards look fantastic. What can you tell us about the routines included in the MK-Mod booklet?

A.J.
bootsbrisket
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of bootsbrisket
The idea for the back design is very clever indeed. I like it!
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-12-09 13:52, A.J. wrote:
Ted,
The cards look fantastic. What can you tell us about the routines included in the MK-Mod booklet?

A.J.

For me the most interesting part about these is that they explore what's possible with the deck. For example, there is an effect that involves a one-way back design; another that uses a double-backed card; reference (only) to two that use double-faced cards (if you have Corinda or the Beyond ESP cards you'll have the instructions); effects for marked and unmarked cards and so on. There is also a chapter covering some of the basic principles in card magic and mentalism, applying these to the cards - for example, 'one-ahead' makes an appearance on more than one occasion. And stacks are used a few times too.

So if you've ever bought a gaffed deck and thought, "great, but how can I use *this* card?" you won't find the same experience with these.

Best wishes,
T.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Regarding the faces/symbols. Someone in another thread wanted to see the thickness of the lines, size of the symbols and so on. It's a fair request and I can show you exactly what they look like. This image is of over 2,000 of these ESP decks in a pre-cut state. Obviously they are all cut and packaged now Smile

http://mind.hak.me/img/mk-mod/MK-MOD-printed.jpg

Cheers,
T.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

I have uploaded a free sample of the Test Card manual that optionally accompanies the MK-MOD ESP testing cards. You can find it at: http://mind.hak.me/products/mk-mod/sample.pdf

This includes the contents page, which lists the main effects (there are one or two extra effects embedded in the chapters), as well as the foreword.

Happy New Year everyone.
T.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Ted-

How many total symbols are there? These look great and I am thinking of getting some. Really like the back design.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Hi there.
They use the standard five symbols - star, wavy lines, cross, circle and square. Each deck (and there are two decks in a pack), have five sets of each symbol.
If you would like to see what they actually look like, the image below shows them in a pre-cut state at Fournier's factory:
http://mind.hak.me/img/mk-mod/MK-MOD-printed.jpg
Very best wishes,
T.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Do you have any pics of the back design?
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Sure! You can see a distant back on the image above, but if you want a closer look you can find a sample image on my site. Browse down the list of the MK-MOD ESP test deck's features until you reach the entry called, "Modern scientific back design theme". Click on on that and you'll see an electronic representation. The main image of the deck on my site shows a small part of the same design. Hopefully all three images will give you a clear idea as to how the real thing looks.

By the way, just today I made a video available for those who have already bought both the deck and the accompanying Test Card book. This video shows one of the effects as described in the book, but with an additional twist. I see it as a nice little addition, but I've had people tell me that it's very good so what can I say? Smile

best wishes,
T.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

I've posted a link to the video in the Inner Thoughts forum. If you have access to that you'll find the exact thread at: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=82&0
Many thanks,
T.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Jheff has posted a review of the MK-MOD cards, the Test Card book. He has also reviewed an additional ESP card routine I've produced called ESPsycrets.

ESPsycrets is specifically designed for those who want to concentrate on building a good presentation without worrying about sleights etc. In other words it's ideal for beginners, although the effect is certainly strong enough for professionals.

Cheers,
T.
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Does ESPsycrets use 5 or 10 cards or the whole deck?
~G
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

You can use as many cards as you like. I use one deck (25 cards) myself.

The fewer cards you use the lower the impact on the audience, I'd imagine. Particularly when you get to the finale.

Best wishes,
T.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

There is currently a very good special offer on at the moment. Full details are available at What's Cooking, but essentially you can get ESPsycrets for free if you buy the full MK-MOD ESP kit.

The What's Cooking entry doesn't mention this, but the offer is available only for the next week. The code will not work after the 24th. So buy this weekend! (Or before, just in case you forget Smile)
Trin
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Trin
HI TED Just sent you a PM. The deck looks great!!!
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

For the rest of this month only ESPsycrets is available for just £10 (worldwide). The cut off date/time is midnight (GMT) 31/05/2011.

There's plenty of information about this routine in 'Penn......oughts'. Jheff also reviewed it and said that, "This is an extraordinarily handsome 35 page booklet containing a very powerful, basic routine using ESP cards. The many photos and detailed explanation make it quite easy to learn."

Please note: this routine was designed specifically for beginners who want something that creates a big impact but that is incredibly easy to perform. This means you can spend more energy on presentation, which is *the* most important element of any performance - far more than sleights or gimmicks.

Please note that you can perform ESPsycrets with *any* deck of ESP cards, including all of the current favourites. While I obviously recommend the MK-MOD ESP test cards, you could even make your own out of index or post cards and perform ESPsycrets perfectly well.

Have fun.
T.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

There are less than seven hours before this deal ends.

Thanks to all who have ordered - your books are in the first-class post and you will already have received the free-PDF-part-of-the-package that I always forget to mention Smile

T.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

The offer is now over. Thanks to all who provided their support.
T.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

It has been some months since we made any changes to the MK-MOD ESP testing cards deal. A year on from the launch and we've decided to include some instructions with the bare deck, making it cheaper to get started.

More details here (Cafe link).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MK-MOD ESP testing cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL