We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » To begin with, "thank you Bob, Dick & Dodd". (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
If there are 2010 awards for excellence in contributing to this forum for the furtherance of our art, I would without hesitation nominate the following.

Bob Cassidy.
Thank you for your unselfish contributions and insightful comments, liberally sprinkled with humour. Your willingness to assist anyone seeking advice, from one who would be recognized by us as a Master of his craft, is deeply appreciated.

Dick Christian
Thank you for your ongoing guidance to all of us striving to be better performers. Your experience and advice is never off the mark and enormously helpful to us all.

Dodd Vickers.
Thank you. All of your broadcasts are an archived testimony to the growth and development of this sometimes "wild and crazy" art form we love. (With an honourable mention to "Scotty out" for his enjoyable reporting). Dodd, your Magic Newswire podcasts are always a joy, timely and valuable.

Please feel free to add to the list, there are many others no doubt deserving recognition. However, these are the first that come to mind for me.

(Of course, Thank You Steve Brooks too)

To all, every good wish for the season.

Gerry

PS I almost forgot. A big thank you also to Colin McLeod from the Society of S****a Gimmick manufacturers.
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Gerry,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm more than flattered to be on such a list.

Dick
Dick Christian
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Thanks Gerry-

I was just about to post a nasty rant but then I saw your post so I decided to behave.

Good thoughts,

Bob
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Hi Gerry!

Thanks so very much for the kind words! I am extremely flattered.

The various emails and messages that I get along these lines keep me very highly motivated as I plan for future interviews and look to the future of the website.

Your public acknowledgement goes above and beyond!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Hi Gerry,

Nice to see a post like this!

I agree that there has been so much great info shared by those that you mentioned.

I'd like to extend my gratitude as well!

Some more off the top of my head to add to the list:

Leo Boudreau (he's given away so many effect in "inner thoughts)

Mr. Mindbender (always has some great ideas to share)

Those two came right to mind, but I know there are many others who offer more than just opinion (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

I'm sure this list will be added to!

Thanks to you all for sharing your thoughts!!

Paul
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Wow, and I was just about to rip Bob a new one.

Thanks Paul, that's very kind o you.

Bill
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
Don't mind me, I'm just hanging around in this thread to soak up some of the good vibes. Wow. Gratitude, civility, kindness – is this the Penny forum? It's a Christmas miracle.

I like it. And thank you to so many who contribute here daily.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It's a Festivus miracle!
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Special thanks to Dick for continually imparting his extended experience and learning on us all; sometimes it takes someone who's been immersed in the art for decades to properly assess a question.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2010-12-10 22:27, Gerry Hennessey wrote:
Bob Cassidy.
Thank you for your unselfish contributions and insightful comments, liberally sprinkled with humour. Your willingness to assist anyone seeking advice, from one who would be recognized by us as a Master of his craft, is deeply appreciated.

I echo your words. Mr. Cassidy's MENTAL MIRACLES DVD was my first formal mentalism instruction. From there I went on to Annemann, Corinda, Waters, Osterlind, Maven, Banachek etc. In other words, Mr. Cassidy gets the blame for my being here. Smile

I always sit up and take notice when Mr. Cassidy posts on the Café. Moses on Mt. Sinai couldn't do a better job at getting my attention. I'm very appreciative that he doesn't mind slumming it here with amateurs like me.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
BTW... if you enjoy the podcast and interviews, here are just a few of the ways that you can help out.

1) Follow the following link to iTunes and add a review of the show. The more that we get the easier we are to find for anyone looking! http://bit.ly/fcwPi1

2) I am working on and end of the year wrap-up show and would love to include some listener comments, questions and feedback. What was your favorite moment in magic for 2010? What episode of the podcast did you enjoy the most and why? Is there a question that you wished that had been asked of a guest that you'd like to have answered down the road? Do you have any questions for our co-hosts? These are just a few ideas. Feel free to remain anonymous if you like, but I hope you'll at least use your name here on the board when you call. The number to call and leave a message is (702) 714-0372

3) Tell a friend about the podcast! We can always use more listeners!

4) Support the sponsors that support the site.

Thanks again guys and keep listening!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Here's another to thank, two actually.

Danny Archer & Robert Allen, for creating, promoting and maintaining Mindvention. This has to be the highlight of the year for most mentalists. To meet, mix and even perform with those luminaries who attend is both a privilege and a pleasure. Definitely, an annual treat.

Thanks Danny & Robert, you started it and I'll see you this year.

Best 2 U 2

Gerry
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
That's a fantastic addition to your list!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1024 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Gerry, I am flattered to receive an honourable mention in your list of luminaries. I just try to carry their water Smile

Thanks for the recognition. As with many of my writings, I often wonder if anyone out there is reading / listening. Comments like yours emboldens and encourages me to go on. So many people seem to criticize and tear down, so it's heartening to receive accolades.

Scotty out.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » To begin with, "thank you Bob, Dick & Dodd". (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL