The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Ending a hypnotic trance... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MrMclachlan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of MrMclachlan
Hello all,

I am new to this site so I appoligise if this is in the wrong section or cannot be asked in advance.

I just have a question about the end of hypnotising a person. What I mean is if say you gave the person amnesia and tell them that they cant remember their name, or that its something completely else how would that be undone so to speak. I ask this purely because I do not wish for this affect to carry on after the performance is over.
Up until this point I have stayed clear of this area of hypnosis but have performed other set pieces.

Many thanks,
Kane
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Go and get proper training. The majority on here will give you bad advice because they haven't been trained properly.

You need to terminate hypnosis and remove all suggestions. I have seen some terrible examples of hypnosis on youtube where a certain street hypnotist who is selling dvds teaching rapid inductions hypnotizes people, plays around with them then lets them walk off without terminating and removing the suggestions.

You will find that most on here are probably not much better. You also should screen before you induce trance for people with mental or emotional problems since a hypnotic experience can be harmful to them.

You should never approach a stranger in public and try and do a rapid induction on them out of the blue.
MrMclachlan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of MrMclachlan
Mindpunisher,
thankyou for your advice.
I have recieved basic training but I will seek out more.

I tend to only hypnotise those that I am friends with and know of any problems that may occur.

Thankyou,
Kane
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
All training basic or whatever should teach you how to terminate and remove suggestions properly. you shouldn't need to ask. YOU SHOULDN'T BE HYPNOTISING ANYBODY IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO END THE SESSION PROPERLY.

This is my problem with most of the "training" offered on here. Its basically crap and is bad for the hypnosis industry as a whole.

And most on here don't care one way or the other.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10176 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
MrMclachlan, May we ask what training you have had besides Anthony's materials?
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
This post doesn't feel right.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Probably could be one of dozens of those on here that have bought any one of the shoddy products on offer.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Seems like trolling to me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MrMclachlan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of MrMclachlan
Im sorry if I have offended anyone on this post.
Im still new so may I ask how to remove this post?

I will refrain from posting topics again as I seem to upset people
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Hi Kane

Sorry for the rude way in which you were treated here. Unfortunatel some of the members have a chip or two on their shoulder. I personally know the 'street hypnotist' referred to and mindpunisher is wrong! He does do full wake ups and suggestion removal, he just doesn't necessarily post them on YouTube. If you look at most stage hypnosis clips they don't have the wake up either.

May I suggest you get yourself over to hypnothoughts.com as the people there are better qualified and generally much more helpful

Bubble
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-12-12 21:12, MrMclachlan wrote:
Im sorry if I have offended anyone on this post.
Im still new so may I ask how to remove this post?

I will refrain from posting topics again as I seem to upset people

Actually Kane I think that would be a good Idea. You haven't really upset anyone this is normal for this place. Bub gives you the best advice go to hypnothoughts.

As for Bub the street hypntist I was referring to isn't Ant. I think you should really know what your talking about before you post.But that seems to be par for the course on here.

Where ever Kane got his "training" it just illustrates my point. Most of the training on hypnosis offered on here is pure crap.

(Most) of the "hypnotists" on here haven't a clue.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Hi Bubble and Kane,
I said 'this post doesn't feel right' for several reasons.
Mindpro mentioned: 'Anthony's materials' but I couldn't find where Kane had mentioned anyone called Anthony. Only in having a peek at his other posts I noticed Kane does indeed possess some of Anthony Jacquin's materials.
This confused me even further as anyone who has ever had any dealings with Anthony will indeed happily say how he is extremely strong on both wake-up procedures and safety in general.
Kane, if for some reason you missed Anthony's explanations of how to conclude then you'll find he openly invites any of his clients to contact him at any time with any question. Seems like a fair deal to me.
And finally, to answer your question: whilst doing the wake-up procedure you simply tell the subject that, other than those positive suggestions which have been placed in there to empower them and help them in their lives from this moment onwards, all other suggestions will simply fade and they will return to normal.

Welcome to The Café.
Bob
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>> Only in having a peek at his other posts I noticed Kane does indeed possess some of Anthony Jacquin's materials<<<

Then why is it to difficult to think Mindpro did the same? Are you suggesting Mindpro is a Troll because he asked a simple question that you didn't like?

I don't think it is a Troll it seems genuine to me however I don't think this is an exception to the rule.

Its what happens when you sell dvds to kids. Plus Ant doesn't cover all the safety aspects in MA. Nowhere is there any mention of screening for people with emotional or mental problems. In fact he recommends in certain situations to dump the pre talk and go for the rapid induction straight away. He also advises to tell lies when some one is concerned about being made fun of to get them to go with the induction.

Plus the wake up routine you just mentioned doesn't comply with what I was taught many many years ago or with the current safety guidelines put forward by the home office.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10176 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
No, I did not search his other posts to find out about his having Anthony's material, and NO I am not a troll! I have better things to do than research newbies here. I simply observed this by the language he used. A good hypnotist, among other things is observant (or perhaps I'm a mindreader too!). It's obvious he a beginner, not properly trained, probably hasn't studied the complete materials he has, only "the good stuff", and maybe has also based his knowledge on YouTube (the worst misinformation possible to a beginner).

I think it wrong for a newbie to come barging in here asking questions with out at least A.) reading the rules of the forum, B.) introducing themselves and providing some background and information about themselves (name, age, level of experience, resources or training they've had, and the reason for their interest and questions), C.) understanding that many here are willing to answer questions and assist someone once we know a bit about them and that they understand that asking questions here is not "training", a substitute for real training, or a place for quick answers in place of training, and D.) trying to offer advice to others as you are a newbie.

Also don't confuse the issue of those reserved about helping too easily to help with those here trying to maintain professional credibilty to our art and the science of hypnosis. I think it's the "quick-fix" type of questions that many here find of-putting.

We all had to begin and learn somewhere at some point, and part of that process is learning how to ask questions, how to fit in to a new community, how to establish yourself, and showing respect for the process and those offering to help us. I know he must be a young teenager, excited and eager to learn, which is the first step. My advice to this personal as I tell all newbie on here or that I personally coach or train - "you can't listen if you are always talking", in other words you will learn more by listening (to those willing to help you), than by doing too much talking (in attempting to fit in and trying to become an "instant authority"). It happens quite often here that one day someone is on here asking the most basic of questions, then a few posts down they are trying to offer advice, often to someone with more experience than themselves.

With that said, MrMclachlan, Welcome - I hope you take the time to learn properly, put in the right amount of time and effort, and BE PATIENT, and I'm sure you will find many here to be very helpful and insightful.
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Sorry MP for misinterpreting your post. To conclude I don't know what I am talking about is exactly the aggressive response I have come to expect from you. Everytime someone comes on here with a question or opinion you lambast them without any obvious fore thought.

Whether Kane is a troll, or ill informed newbie doesn't explain your refusal to be at least polite if not actually helpful.

I agree YouTube may not be the best way to learn but it also has some wonderfully enlightening clips on the subject of hypnosis and can be an extremely useful resource.

Please can we at least be civil on here and ideally have this forum to enhance and grow rather than it just being MP's soapbox!

Finally. MP - unless I am very much mistaken you know little or nothing about what knowledge I possess or what training I have had. Just because YOU disagree with some of my opinions doesn't automatically make them wrong.

Bubble
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 09:02, Mindpro wrote:
I simply observed this by the language he used. A good hypnotist, among other things is observant (or perhaps I'm a mindreader too!).

Yeah? Well I'm also a mind-reader. And my obsevations based on that last post suggests to me that you're wearing a shell suit.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Really if the new people would read the FAQ and the sticky posts at the top of the forum much of this would be easily fixed.

The problem I have is the speed at which people seem to become gurus and start selling nonsense. Seems as if 2 years makes a guru now.

Another problem is Kane himself is here on another thread offering advice, when clearly he should be doing nothing but getting it. It gets confusing. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=22&13
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Here, Jon Chase and I discuss the purpose of his progressive wake-up procedure:

http://quintroon.com/wp-content/uploads/wake_up.mp3

With his permission, I teach it virtually identically.

Jon always teaches this before anyone on his course hypnotises anyone else and it's just one of the reasons I teach hypnosis backwards.

Reg
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 09:54, Zerububle wrote:
Sorry MP for misinterpreting your post. To conclude I don't know what I am talking about is exactly the aggressive response I have come to expect from you. Everytime someone comes on here with a question or opinion you lambast them without any obvious fore thought.

Whether Kane is a troll, or ill informed newbie doesn't explain your refusal to be at least polite if not actually helpful.

I agree YouTube may not be the best way to learn but it also has some wonderfully enlightening clips on the subject of hypnosis and can be an extremely useful resource.

Please can we at least be civil on here and ideally have this forum to enhance and grow rather than it just being MP's soapbox!

Finally. MP - unless I am very much mistaken you know little or nothing about what knowledge I possess or what training I have had. Just because YOU disagree with some of my opinions doesn't automatically make them wrong.

Bubble

Mind pro,

First of you don't know what your talking about with regards to who I am referring too. that's not agressive its just a plain unemotional fact.

Secondly I did offer advice. NO ONE SHOULD BE HYPNOTIZING ANYONE IF THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO END A SESSION. To me that is very sound advice.

Also most of the advice you will get on this forum is crap. And he would indeed be better going elsewhere as you suggested. Again good advice.

As for your level of skill or training where I have I mentioned you specifically? But with regards to stage work my guess is it isn't that much. But that's only a guess.

Just because I disagree with some of your opinions doesn't make them right either.

There won't be much enhancing or growing on here. As Danny has stated Gurus emerge after only being beginers. And the majority that have read a few books or bought a Dvd think they know it all already.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
I would love to meet this two year old guru.
He gets mentioned a lot on this forum.
I've got a pretty smart seven year old but I'd never let her teach hypnosis.
;)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Ending a hypnotic trance... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL