The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Ending a hypnotic trance... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10602 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What are you talking about, I never said anything that you've mentioned or addressed anything you've posted here. Are you confusing me with someone else?

All I said about your earlier post was that I never read any of his (Kane's) previous posts or search to learn more about him. I actually agree with much of what you said. I only made reference to Anthony because of the terms he used in his original post made it clear he had seem Anthony's DVD.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Sorry. The image of a guru toddler was too much for me to resist making a smart comment.

In all seriousness though Kane:
A forum like this isn't the best place to "learn" hypnosis, or much else for that matter.
All you get are opinions, and as has been said, many of those opinions offered might be based on very little practical experience.
But I strongly urge you to continue reading my opinion.

I guess what others find so offensive about your post is this:

You claim to have hypnotised people but appear to not know the first thing about simple management!
Any training which doesn't deal with management of the subjects (of which some of the essential "housekeeping" tasks like clearing suggestions as you go and the final wake-up are only a part) really isn't worth what you paid for it, regardless of whether you only work with family, friends etc.

Or maybe it was there, but you skipped over that part because it wasn't as funny or entertaining as the rest.

You really can't afford to "skip pages" when you're learning hypnosis. Behind all the fun and entertaining there is some serious (and boring) stuff you simply need to know.
The BEST entertainers do such a good job of incorporating this or hiding it from the audience that you'd never notice it, and that's the way it should be. Seamless.
But this is why you can't learn how to do hypnosis properly by only watching someone else PERFORM it just as you can't learn how to drive by only watching NASCAR.
(Ironically, you'd probably learn more by watching a bad performance of hypnosis, where the boring essential stuff isn't so well incorporated, than a good one.)

Also, you use the term "set pieces" as if it's in as widespread use as a term like "inductions" and that's simply not the case.

All of this is only my opinion and you can choose to accept or reject it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow, I am going to choose to accept it. I thought that was well put, especially the part about not "skipping pages". Again, very well put.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
It was well put but probably wasted.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is true though. People want instant success. It does not happen that way. I mean hypnotists themselves have this artificail measuring contest about who does the fastest induction, the shortest opening lecture and what not. WHO CARES? It takes what it takes for it to make sense in your show! (OR whatever you call street hypnosis.)

I know the trance is not necessary, so what? In terms of what people are expecting, (and we all should know that 90% of what we DO IS expectation!) they expect a trance state. Since it is easier to take people where they are already thinking they are going to go, trance inductions make good theatrical sense for an audience as well as a subject. Done right they can be quite entertaining. Now since most of new students "skp these pages" it is all lost on them.

The fact of the matter is that it is easier to sell products based on quick, easy to learn, and those qualities. The person in trance in that case is the student, not so much the people they try to hypnotise.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>(Ironically, you'd probably learn more by watching a bad performance of hypnosis, where the boring essential stuff isn't so well incorporated, than a good one.) <<<<

You would think that to be the case but it appears as if there is a majority that prefer the substandard crap their substandard "guru's" tout. Most likely because they can ape it with little talent or work.

For them its not about becoming good - the pay off is getting attention instantly and compensating for their inadquecies.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10602 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Boy, MrMclachlan/Kane seems nowhere to be around after starting this etire post. You would think he'd at least come on with some thoughts and perspective of what has been offered here to him???
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Poor lad. He asked a question.
Bubble's correct. If Kane asked the same question in Hypnothoughts they'd let him know that he really should be knowing the answer to such a question before he even begins, But then kindly guiding the lad to where he might learn more.
Here, he's a b-stard. How does that work?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
MrMclachlan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of MrMclachlan
Hello All
Sorry for my late reply. My internet has been a bit out of it lately.

Thank you too all those who have posted positive feedback.

To Bobser, I have received other training but I wont go into it here. The work I have seen from Anthony refers to his Manchurian Affect DVD's.
Could you kindly tell me how to remove this post? All I wanted was to receive some advice and I feel as though this site may not be the best for me.

>>Another problem is Kane himself is here on another thread offering advice, when clearly he should be doing nothing but getting it. It gets confusing. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=59982&forum=22&13<<
With regards to this the only advice I gave was to practice on people without actually hypnotizing. This way he would remember structuring better.

Once again I apologize and hope to remove this promptly

Regards,
Kane

Posted: Dec 13, 2010 8:01pm
Bobser,

I'm sorry if this was posted in the wrong section. I was directed here by another member
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
That's ok Kane. Don't worry too much, everyone in here disagrees with each others advice all the time.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 21:06, bobser wrote:
That's ok Kane. Don't worry too much, everyone in here disagrees with each others advice all the time.

Its like we are all married to each other.

Like I mentioned in another post about how I got started and in my ignorance was asking questions equivalent to asking a magician how he does craft, I was treated harshly. I do not think I have seen people treat a rabid mutt the way I was treated. When I tried to inquire, I remember that most of the time, the person I was asking thought it was their given right to verbally abuse me in a very humiliating manner. On a couple occasions, I felt in turn, it was my right to show them how I felt about their response in a more......ummm..... physical manner. I am not much for arguing. I found its much easier for me to just kick someone's ass and be done with it.

That being said, remembering those earlier days, I occasionally get someone asking me questions. I never treat them the way I was treated and talked down to. My usual response is that I will physically give them my undivided attention and say " It's cool you are interested in this. There are a lot of great instructors out there.... I am not one of them. I love to talk about this ,however, I have devoted a lot of time and money into it and it would seem improper for me to just share what I had to pay for to someone for free."

To this point, I have never had anyone leave me like I just sucked their dreams up in a vacuum cleaner. I will even give them references to instructors. I make sure they are treated with kindness and respect, but, they also understand my position.

Sure, some people think to themselves " I have answered these types of questions over and over". That person probably has only asked that question once, maybe twice. I feel if someone does not like being in that position, meaning, a person with knowledge and answers to where someone with interest and no knowledge who is going to want to ask questionss, you need to take yourself out of that equation. Make it to where fans/guests have no access to you other than seeing you on stage or just get out of the business completely.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING HYPNOSIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO END A SESSION AND REMOVE SUGGESTIONS.

That is simply a fact. In fact in the UK its the LAW if you do any public demonstrations you have safety guidlines to follow. But most on here will tell you - you don't have to follow them. Or there are legal loopholes Total idiots.They were put there for a reason.

Hypnosis is not a magic trick you are messing with somebody's mind. that's the problem Shane. Most on here think hypnosis is a trick. Its not. And most of the advice on here is given by those that don'treally know what they are talking about.

And despite your silly comment -- being on here doesn't mean you have to answer every question.

On another Thread Kane is dishing out advice himself yet he doesn't know the very basics himself.

This place is getting worse as each week passes. Talk about the lunatics taking over the asylum.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
I am not saying you have to answer every question punisher. I am not saying it is magic. I know this is not magic. I used that sentence as an analogy. that's where you compare two things that are different to show an example or a point.

If you read my entire post, you will notice I said I am not an instructor. I only answer things I do know about. If it is something that is only of my opinion, I make sure I disclose that as well.

My post of which seemed to inadvertantly ruffled your feathers, was nothing more than me making a statement about how rude many of us can be. You can simply state your point in a manner that is not demeaning to the person making the inquiry. If you can not bring yourself to answer politely for whatever reason, you should probably remove yourself from that situatio. Again, this paragraph is based on my past experiences and how I was treated. I will not berate someone for asking a question. I may not answer it, however.

I agree that kane should not be giving advice if he has not the proper instruction to do a proper release command.
The Cerebral Assassin
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The point Shane makes and it is really a good one, is that to come in and just ask for information first club out of the bag that took people years to obtain is not really polite. You would not just do that anywhere.

Also along those lines a disturbing thing in almost all the mystery performance arts, mentalism, hypnosis, magic what have you is that there seems to be no seporation between someone who has been working for 45 years and someone who bought the first DVD. Suddenly the new guy thinks somehow he is a peer because the basics are not that hard to learn. There IS a difference. I know the 'majority' don't want to hear that and stomp and cry and call names and such but there IS a difference and it usually comes out in the posts.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>>My post of which seemed to inadvertantly ruffled your feathers, was nothing more than me making a statement about how rude many of us can be. You can simply state your point in a manner that is not demeaning to the person making the inquiry. If you can not bring yourself to answer politely for whatever reason, you should probably remove yourself from that situatio. Again, this paragraph is based on my past experiences and how I was treated. I will not berate someone for asking a question. I may not answer it, however.<<<

First of all I don't see any of the posts I've made towards Kane Rude. In fact I see them as the most sensible advice in this thread so far. The rest of my statements are simply facts.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
I never said you were being rude. In fact punisher, the post you made directly behind mine is the only post of yours in this thread I have read. You have a guilty conscious or something?-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yeah well just watch it Shane right? We don't want anyone ever accusing MP of being rude. Proper b-stard yes, but to call him rude, well that's not on!!!
MrMclachlan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of MrMclachlan
Hello,

To MP, you are right, and I will take your advice. I will no longer post on here till I have sought out another trainer that can help me.
I did not mean to just barge in with this question, and in turn it wasnt explained properly.
I do now however know how to remove a suggestion but I will still seek more training.

Shane, thanks for your advice mate
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Ending a hypnotic trance... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL