The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Eric Jones "TWIZTED: on sale NOW PLUS Trailer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
6 KILLER ROUTINES!!!
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
This is fantastic and I can't recommend it enough! The effects, gimmick and production value are top notch. You really can't go wrong with this one guys. You know you want it!

luke
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
So this is a package of a DVD+ gimmick cards required?

-ALex
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Alex,

This package contains all the cards needed to perform all the effects on the DVD.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It looks cool but how is the durability of the gimmick? I assume these can not easily be made at home.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 08:18, Xcath1 wrote:
It looks cool but how is the durability of the gimmick? I assume these can not easily be made at home.

I agree Xcath1- EVERY time I buy an effect that uses a gaft card for visual changes- they ALWAYS end up breaking. And they break with not many performances under their belt. I to wonder how strong the gaft is- anybody??

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
What is the difference between this gimmick and some of mark masons stuff?
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Thanks Eric,

Purchased this effect during the pre-release off your website Eric. love it. I am looking forward to purchasing another set with the DVD! Great work ERIC!

-Alex
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
I bought this at Eric's lecture last night at the Magic Apple. I also saw him perform it a couple of times, and I must say... although I'm not very much into gaffed cards or packet tricks, this was definitely a must-have for me. There's so much you can do with this gaff, it's ridiculous.

Color changes, sleight-free twisting the aces, card transpositions, cards across, sandwich effects, and SO MUCH more. One of the routines also includes something called the "Passless pass" which is quite a **** nice way to do a pass completely surrounded without having to provide awkward cover. I know a few guys who bought this after the lecture just to learn the passless pass.

I haven't watched through the DVD yet, so I won't give a full review now. But I will say that the gaff is well made, such that the gaffed part is nearly invisible. It can withstand a moderate amount of scrutiny, but can't be handed out. I'm also not completely sure, but the gaff I received came as a blue backed bike. There may be other options, but this was the only one sold at the lecture, as far as I saw.

As to the questions about the strength of the gaff, it's quite strong. But I can see it breaking after extended/hard wear. This isn't an overly complicated gaff, so I assume it can be repaired at home. I've pm'd Eric about refill gaffs, so we'll see if they'll be available by themselves. I'll comment more on this after I've had more time to watch the dvd and play with it.

Once more, I'd like to comment on how utterly impossible and clean this looks up close. After seeing the color change happen in real time with no cover, you can literally show four (as seen in the video color change) very SINGLE cards. The magic is extremely visual and the gaff does all the work. And yes, it's an instant reset.

A more complete review will come in a couple of days.
Nom de Guerre
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Nom de Guerre
I was there too, and everything maverick lancer says is exactly so. The effects Eric performed were really, really impressive and super clean. I also bought it at the end of the lecture, but I haven't had time to open it and watch the DVD and start working with it due to a busy week of work ahead of me. I'm looking forward to the weekend and also looking forward to reading your review, maverick, once you've had a chance to post it.

Sorry I did not recognize you last night, as I've seen many of your posts on the Café since I started hanging around. I think you might gave been on the other side of Howard at the end of the lecture when Howard was showing me a few things he does so well with cards. Hopefully I'll meet you somewhere down the line.

- Anthony

BTW, Eric's lecture/workshop was awesome. I wish I could manage to see his show at the Magic Castle this week. If anyone has the opportunity to do so, I highly recommend that you go!
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Yes, that was me. That spelling effect that Howard did totally fried me!

Eric's workshop was indeed phenomenal, especially since he took an entire hour over the scheduled time to really show us all of the subtle nuances in his magic. I believe he has a lecture at the castle this week. If I had the cash to become a member, I'd definitely go check it out again.
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
His coin stuff is amazing. Will be picking this up..
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 09:16, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 08:18, Xcath1 wrote:

I agree Xcath1- EVERY time I buy an effect that uses a gaft card for visual changes- they ALWAYS end up breaking. And they break with not many performances under their belt. I to wonder how strong the gaft is- anybody??

RNK

Great questions guys. For those of you who have purchased my buddy Mark Masons work in the past, you may be familiar with his very unique threading system. TWIZTED was constructed using a similar system with the expressed permission of Mr. Mason. Just as with ANY effect using thread, the longevity of the gaff will completely dependant of your use of the gaff. Thread breaks.....eventually. However, it can last considerably longer if you don't mishandle or strongarm the gaff. As far as the strength of the thread itself, it is both strong and durable.
<BR>
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
HI Eric,

My issue with this 'kind of' gaff from the past was the R****&S***** tend to wear off before the thread did and I could no longer use the gaff properly.

Does this also use R&S, if so is that durable?
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
All of these questions are covered on the DVD. Eventually it will wear off. Buy a can of "stuff" from an arts and crafts store or a magic shop and re-apply as needed. Not every effect will use this feature my set of cards has to offer, such as my favorite two effects Twizted Grasshopper and Sandwich with a Twizt.
<BR>
No Show the Magician
View Profile
New user
Reynoldsburg, Ohio USA
36 Posts

Profile of No Show the Magician
Gents,

Twizted is killer! I have watched Eric slay an entire room of magicians and lay people alike with this effect. It is so smooth and so clean that it looks like real magic. The best part is, there is something for everyone to perform with this gimmick; magicians and mentalists alike. Powerful stuff Eric!

Aaron DeLong
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

As promised, I posted by review here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109#0
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Got Twizted the other day and it's great! I had the original one without the DVD but the new DVD adds some great routines and the production values are fantastic. Even if you had the older one, this is worth it. Recommended!
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
So would you carry the card packet in your wallet and bring it out, or do you keep these cards in the deck til you want to do a routine?
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Eric Jones "TWIZTED: on sale NOW PLUS Trailer (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL