The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PK (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
I was talking to a buddy who does Mentalism and some of the tricks he does is where he stopes people watches and he bends spoons, forks and so on. He told me to look for the following three items to help me do stop watches, bend spoons, forks and so on.

small, powerful magnets

PK (psychokinetic) magnets

rare earth magnets

But I can't find any at any Magic sites. Can someone help me please?
Smile
§kitch
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
I'll send you a PM about a commercial PK device that's readily available from most dealers, rather than blow its secret here!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4399 Posts

Profile of Paul
Hey Skitch, why didn't your buddy tell you where he got his? Smile

Paul.
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
ColinB. Can you message me as well.

Thanks.
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
Glyn Coy
View Profile
New user
UK
38 Posts

Profile of Glyn Coy
I buy magnets for PK effects from here but beware - they are very strong and can cause injury if not handled carefully:

http://www.wondermagnet.com
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2375 Posts

Profile of ddyment
In addition to ForceField (mentioned by Glyn), you can also try American Science & Surplus (http://www.sciplus.com/), which often has really good special deals for industrial surplus magnets.

... Doug
"Calculated Thoughts" is available at Vanishing Inc. and The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
RangeCowboy
View Profile
Regular user
Long Beach
198 Posts

Profile of RangeCowboy
Please help me understand something. If I bring a strong enough NIB magnet up to a mechanical clock or watch and stop it ticking, I guess that is affecting the contra-rotating spring thingy that you see whirling inside a movement. Wont that permanently bend or affect its operation?

Do you you ever get sued or billed for damage?
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
<<Please help me understand something. If I bring a strong enough NIB magnet up to a mechanical clock or watch and stop it ticking, I guess that is affecting the contra-rotating spring thingy that you see whirling inside a movement. Wont that permanently bend or affect its operation? >>

Don't do it with mechanic watches, and don't stop it for more than a few seconds. Out of the hundreds of times that I've done this, it has never screwed up a single watch... However, if there IS a problem, get the participant to leave their watch on a compass overnight, and this will sort it out. (You can give him some nonsense about making sure it faces due East overnight on top of the compass.)

Drew
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
Keep them away from credit cards (yours and your specs!) too!
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
... as above, and check yourself for cutlery sticking to your clothing when you leave a restaurant! AND if you can't find your car keys ANYWHERE, they're probably attached to the side of your leg!
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
I had mine zing out and hit the supermarket shopping trolley I was pushing! Embarrassing, as it was attached to my belt and hidden under the hem of my sweatshirt, and it took the lower part of my sweatshirt with it, so it looked like I had some weird physical protrusion. Guess I should have removed it before going shopping...
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Moderators - may I recommend that we move this thread to where it belongs, i.e in the Secret Sessions.

I heard rumours that investigative journalists come in here and ask questions about methods... or at least that is a rumour from now on.

/Matias
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Matias,
I don't know how secret this is to any working mentalist or anyone with a modicum of experience.
Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Quote:
Trinity wrote:
Matias,
I don't know how secret this is to any working mentalist or anyone with a modicum of experience.
Best regards,
Tony Razzano

Then, what is secret? IMHO a specific application and a method is openly discussed for anyone to read here.

/Matias
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2246 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Regardless, to answer Skitches question, Ebay has a lot of what u are looking for; usually a LOT less then the magi supply houses charge. Do a search under "rare earth."
*POST-PANDEMIC SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PK (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL