The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Marketing for corporate shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Okay, so I know how to market for b-day parties, market to preschools, elementary schools, and libraries.
Where could I learn about how to market for corporate affairs? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Different websites Jim, they will come to you.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10605 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Confidential Booking Reports Volumes 1-3 by Dick Ryan. They are geared to corporate work including trade shows, hospitality suites and company events. I recently listed my copies of these for sale, but pulled the listing as I was called out of town for a run of shows. These are great resources with many samples, photos, and real world information. They are a few years old and Mr. Ryan passed away recently, but the info contained is still quite valuable and useful in today's corporate market. To me one of the best and most affordable resources for entering the corporate marketplace.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Buy "The Wealthy Speaker" by Jane Atkinson (it can be found on Amazon) She talks about booking speaking engagements but the information she provides is the exact same for a magician booking corporate work.

In the book she talks about the Call-Send-Call method. You call them (associations and companies) to see if they hire entertainers, what their budget is, and send them your promo packet. You then make a follow up call (usually several).

She also tells you a simple sentence that you can use to get tons of spin-off gigs.

Basically, if you read that book, you will easily get corporate gigs as long as you follow the advice.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
I get asked this question about once a week.

If you are going to get help and advice on developing & marketing your act into Corporate,
don't talk to the hacks and part timers at the magic club, model someone who's doing it now.

And by Corporate, I don't mean just Company Family day picnic or one off promotion for a big brand
that many claim on their "many Corporate Clients" brag sheets. I mean Conference, Convention,
Kick Off, Trade Show etc

I still think Get More Corporate Gigs is a sensational resource and highly endorse it.
I'm still working through the multitude of resources and implementing the strategies
I explored with Barry of the Raspyni Brothers 6 months ago! And my work diary proves it!

And I've watched the accelerated growth of many other performers in the variety arts
as they gain confidence and take on the mind set needed to take on these high return jobs

(Can't spill the beans, but there is a sensational new technique for making Proposals and Closing
Corporate Sales that dramatically increases your percentage, that is being discussed at length on the
Forum right now.)

Still amazed and amused at the people who think this is overpriced and some people get put off
because it's a monthly subscription. Just one extra real Corporate engagement will seriously pay for many
years subscriptions.

If you have any questions about it PM me and I'll help you as much as I can.

Full Details Here

Timothy

P.S I'm also a BIG fan of "The Wealthy Speaker" by Jane Atkinson that Benji suggests.
I have the Book, CD's Workbook etc and there is much to learn there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Marketing for corporate shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL