The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » 12v battery (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
I misplaced my charger for my Snow animator battery. Cant find a charger that will work at Radio Shack. Any advice on how to charge this thing till I find the charger. Thanks, Mike
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
If it is a 12 volt battery a 12 volt trickle charger from about any auto store should do.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
I have an auto battery charger. Just didn't know if it would work. don't want to blow up the garage. Thank you
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
If it's a smaller sized battery, try a motorcycle battery charger. Same effect, less chance of covering your garage with battery acid. Like FP just said, trickle charge when ever possible. It will make your batteries last longer.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Thanks, Chance
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
FYI, if it is a gel cell you are going to want to use a slow charge normally a deep cycle battery charger or the trickle charger is best. If you use a regular car charger on fast charge it could damage the battery, or...

Chris
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Go to an electronic supply place (not Radio Shack) and ask for a Gel Cell battery . Very nice sealed rechargable batteries in a variety of different sizes, voltages and amp ratings for very reasonable prices. I used to make and fly high powered rockets and used Gel Cell batteries to ignite the igniters for the composite solid rocket motors we used.

You can also find them online. Just google gel cell battery
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Thanks everyone
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1003 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
A good hobby store sell a charger specifically for this use, usually they have a timer built in or you can trickle charge. I believe they run around $25.00 or so. You will not find these in Radio Shack, etc.

Good luck,

Chuck Caputo
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Jim Gerrish is in the process of converting everything possible over to solar power. His most recent find was a solar panel you can stick in the window (of home or car) to recharge a variety of batteries up to 12v.

http://www.scientificsonline.com/multi-v......nel.html

I'm all charged up!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Harbor Freight was selling a solar powered charger than works tlike a trickle charger.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Thanks guys
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » 12v battery (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL