We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Rubberbands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
Hey guys I need some tricks/books on ungimmicked, high impact, rubberband magic.
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of 1908
Dan Harlan DVDs
Pinnacle
Harlan's DVDs cover almost anything about rubberband magic.
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
mike stevenson
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mike stevenson
Hi,

I bought a nice book a while back, with some good effects in, called "Elastrix".

You may want to check it out.

Regards
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
Crazy Man's Handcuffs from Ammar is a really good trick with rubberbands. Personally it's one of my favorite tricks. Just give it a try Smile
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Chad Sanborn has one on his Mindbender DVD. A Three-Fly, the rubber band illusion (Master link), and a spoon bend. Well worth the $20.

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Stick to videos [DVD] as instructions in some rubberband books are hard to follow.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10875 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Chris Kenner's Missing Link is the best impromptu with two bands. No gimmicks.
Go to magicvideodepot.com to see a demonstration of the effect the linking bands.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
My top effects:

Crazy Man's Handcuffs - The stand by and a modern classic.

Pinnacle - This is the most complete compilation of a ring and band routine yet.

Missing Link - The best impromtu Linking Bands effect ever!

The Joining - A quick ring and band effect(which could be incorparated into Pinnacle).

Apparently Andy Leviss' Linked 4 Life is a great permanent Linking Bands.

Oh, by the way, what is a source for buying quality 19" white(or brown) bands in bulk for a good price. Thanks!

Jakks
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
I buy my 19s at Office Max or office places like that, and Jakks is right on the money with his thoughts, I must agree, all fantastic.
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions. Dr. Jakks, do all of those tricks require no gimmicks? The reason I ask is during my act I use a rubberband to perform my version of Rubberband Haunted Pack (AOA 2) and would like to segue some rubberband magic into the act right there? I am familiar with CMH and use it often but will the others fit my predicament?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10875 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jacks : there are two effects you left off your list

1. Really Linked by our own Café member Benard Sims

2. Simon Aronson's Ring Leader. Just as strong as Pinnacle, both great effects
check it out on magicvideodepot.com
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Yes, all of them except Linked 4 Life which apparently requires a pre-linked set.

They are all impromptu with just two Rubber Bands and a ring handy.

Jakks

Ah yes, Simon Aronson's Ring Leader especially. It is a really nice showpiece. You might even be able to incorprate it into Pinnacle with some good patter.

I never purchased Really Linked!, but I heard it was quite nice. Thanks Vinny!

Jakks
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Vin, what's the difference between Aronson's effect and Pinnacle?
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
By the way, just wondering who was the creator of the 'Crazy Man's Handcuffs' effect. The guy is a genius man!
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
The creator of "The Penetrating Bands", which Michael Ammar renamed "The Crazy Man's Handcuffs" (with help from Daryl) was Arthur Setterington.

As pointed out, both my "Linked 4 Life" and Bernard's "Really Linked" require a pre-linked set of bands, hence why I didn't suggest my effect (although you certainly can easily switch the set in if you want).
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10875 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Totalpackage: Ring Leader by Simon Aronson; the ring is slid on the band and then the ring is seen to link on the band then there is a visual penetration at the end.

Pinnacle is a routinte that links then unlinks. The routine is brilliant, and then the ring jumps off and back on the band.

Both routines are impromptu and both are teriffic. There is a demo of me doing the ring leader on magicvideodepot.com and there's a link on the Café where you can see the effect for Pinnacle.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Thanks for the answers everyone! So what is everyone's personal favorite rubberband effect?
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I would have to say Missing Link. It is so close to perfect it's scary!

Jakks
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Where can I purchase Missing Link? I tried Vins site suggestion but saw no place to buy the effect?
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
It's in Totally out of Control by Chris Kenner. This book is WAY hard to find, and if you find a copy, I suggest getting it as quick as you can. I am still looking for a copy.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Rubberbands (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL