The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Thinking of building a Ralph Adams sword basket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
This is a project I have contemplated over the years...

I haven't yet had time to make a mock up, but I always was curious as to how exactly I would handle and figure out all the angles/mitred cuts so it would go together nicely, especially the joints on the small sides (corners).

Anyone have any experience to share, or does one need to just mock up from cardboard and get out the draw knives!

Keith
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22138 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-12-28 01:34, keithmagic wrote:
This is a project I have contemplated over the years...

I haven't yet had time to make a mock up, but I always was curious as to how exactly I would handle and figure out all the angles/mitred cuts so it would go together nicely, especially the joints on the small sides (corners).

Anyone have any experience to share, or does one need to just mock up from cardboard and get out the draw knives!

Keith

Actually it can all be worked out mathmetically. I wanted to make a giant thumble, so I drew up some plans and had a teenager take it to his shop teacher. He came back with all the angle cuts that had to be made. Working on a bench saw, special 'jugs' had to be made to guide the wood, but an arm saw would have worked easier.

The knowledge of a cabinet maker would be the best consultant for this type of design.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Thinking of building a Ralph Adams sword basket (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL