The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hen pen chen coin sleight (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Fred Apel
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Fred Apel
Where can I get some help with the hen pen chen coin sleight?
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Tony Slydini who really lead our community into a popular use of the move.
Harry Lorayne in his book of magic including coin tricks
Derek Dingle (with several smart variants in his coins through the table)
but you should consider Lou Gallo's move which is, IMHO, a more subtle alternative
It's demonstrated by Mike Gallo but also in another context by Michael Ammar or b Joe Ridnfleisch...
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Or you can get in Bobo's coin magic!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27145 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2010-12-16 18:12, Fred Apel wrote:

Have a look in The Dai Vernon Book of Magic. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Perseus Arkomanis
Bobo's coin magic or the David Roth Dvd's is my take!
The things that are most real to me are the illusions which I create...everything else is quicksand...
<BR>
<BR>www.perseusmagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Fred: What kind of help to do you want? Where do you live?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Not knowing what kind of help your looking for here is an example of both sleights Lawrence is talking about.
Hen Ping Chien.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9CqiddkzkM
Smae routine using the Gallo Pitch. (Lou Gallo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U22GILso0WQ&feature=related

Please lets us know what kind of help your looking for.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27145 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2010-12-16 18:12, Fred Apel wrote:

Are you asking about where it was first published in application to exploit a coin gaff? I believe that was using c/s coins. Pretty clever. HPC itself - try the Vernon Book of Magic by Ganson.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1873 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Eric Evans has some interesting thoughts about it in "The Secret Art of Magic"
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Geoffrey Latta's "Ultimate Han Ping Chien" from 'Coinmagic' book.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Could someone point me to a source for learning the Gallo Pitch? DVD preferably...

many thanks
Sean
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Ammar has it on one of his DVD'S! Maybe someone remembers what one?
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thanks David. I've done a bit of searching but still can't find a DVD reference. It's written up in Michael Ammars Encore 3, along with lots of great sounding routines judging by the listing.

Sean
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Sean,
I learned it from Lou Gallo The Underground Man book. But, I'm sure if you reach out to Mike Gallo here he will point you in the right direction for a DVD. I'm sure it's in one of the New York Coin DVD's somewhere.
Good Luck.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8833 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Or perhaps Sean, Tim or Vinny might simply shoot you a little vid of how it's done if you PM them. Truth be told, they do it as well as anyone does and better than most that I've seen. Smile Plus they are both great teachers and sleight men. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Hey Tim, thanks for the pointer. I'll do that.

Hey Marion. You're probably right. They are both great guys and have really helped me in the past. Just feel a bit cheeky asking for a video if you know what I mean... I can get an idea of the basics of the move from Tim's youtube video and I've been playing around with it. I guess its the subtleties that I'm missing. I've always liked HPC, it's a great utility. Now, after seeing the Gallo pitch performed by Tim, I think it looks somehow more natural. What do you think? Is it a more natural looking move in your opinion?

kind regards
Sean
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3212 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Sean, I found it for you. The Gallo Pitch is on Ammars World Class Closeup Vol 2
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-12-19 08:52, feher wrote:
Sean,
I learned it from Lou Gallo The Underground Man book. But, I'm sure if you reach out to Mike Gallo here he will point you in the right direction for a DVD. I'm sure it's in one of the New York Coin DVD's somewhere.
Good Luck.
Tim

One of these days I am going to finish my contents listing for the NYCMS Volumes! Most DVDs have the contents (DVD chapters?) listed on the back. The few DVDs I have that don’t list the contents on the back cover at least show a listing at the DVD main menu. None of the NYCMS DVDs have this; you have to go through each doggone DVD. Some of them have enough in the menu to get a good idea but some just show the performers for each section. That's the only frustrating thing about them - they are great in all other ways!

I started a database of all my DVDs and their contents so that if I want to look at, say, just copper/silver effects I can type that in and find all instances of C/S effects on my DVDs. Except the New York discs; I have Volumes 1 through 10 so far but only the first two volumes' contents listed.

Jim
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Previously, I was unaware of the Gallo pitch. Tim's You Tube video is outstanding; it looks very natural. This is definitely worth spending some time working on learning. Yet another reason I love spending time on this site. Thanks.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Hey Rizzo. Thanks a lot for the info.

I have also found out that Mike Gallo released a DVD on the Pitch several years ago. Go to http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net and look for his store page.

Kind regards
Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hen pen chen coin sleight (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL