The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hen pen chen coin sleight (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Really nice routine. Totally deceptive even when looking for it.
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
Sean you can also find that move in Shankey's "Revolutionary coin magic vol.1"
Searching for the magic side of life...
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Hey Mago,

Do you mean Hen ping chien as the move Sankey teaches? Or does he teach the gallo pitch?

Thanks
Sean
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
Sean he teaches both moves.. He also teaches a reverse version of hen ping chien (he calls it chien ping hen Smile ) in which the coin goes into the fist instead of falling out.. Combining those two moves he performs a great routine..
Sean I would recomend you this dvd.. It has a lot of great and difficult routines (as a beginner I can hardly perform 3-4)
Searching for the magic side of life...
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
If you are looking for a DVD with some good tricks...Samkeys DVD's are worth getting. If you are looking to learn how to perform the Pitch correctly...then I seriously suggest looking else where.

Mike
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Any suggestions, Mike? (Besides one of the NYCMS Volumes?)

Thank you.

Jim
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Hey J-Mac,

Check out Mike Gallos product page on http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/gallo.htm It's a seperate DVD to the NYCMS series and sounds great. I've pasted the blurb below. This is top of my list for January!

In this special edition, viewers will see rare footage of the great Lou Gallo performing the move he invented and made famous - The Gallo Pitch.

The pitch has been regarded as one of the most original coin sleights of the 20th century by legends such as Dai Vernon, Michael Skinner, and Derek Dingle.

On this DVD, Lou's son Mike not only demonstrates and explains his father's great pitch, he will also perform and explain some of lou's favorite effects using the pitch.

Mike gives an in depth explanation of...

*"New Wave Coins Across"

*"Rub-Rub"

*"Coins Through the Table"

and more!

"Whenever anyone asks me which coin magician I enjoy watching, Mike Gallo is right at the top of my list. He is technically perfect, but has such a friendly demeanor, he makes you feel completely at ease - until he reels you in and fools the pants off you!"
~Dr. Michael Rubinstein

"Mike Gallo does some of the best coin magic I have ever seen! His coin work is clean, looks like real magic, and his approach to classic coin plots is always refreshingly original."
~David Roth

"Mike Gallo's coin magic is unique. He loves to take his audiences down the garden path just before turning on the sprinklers. I've seen Mike entertain regular audiences. But I have also seen him reduce a roomful of seasoned, hardcore magicians into a head-shaking crowd of humbled, awestruck kids."
~Paul Cummins

US $35.00 + $5.00 shipping and handling - NY residents add sales tax - Over Seas add $11.00 for shipping and handling

kind regards
Sean
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Sean,

Thanks, I saw those products but had a little trouble telling the lecture notes from videos!

Jim
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Quote:
On 2010-12-22 22:27, J-Mac wrote:
Any suggestions, Mike? (Besides one of the NYCMS Volumes?)

Thank you.

Jim

Jim, ya got a problem with the NYCMS DVD's? And since you asked...yes, I do a segment on the pitch on one of those DVD's. Other than that...Remembering the Magic of Lou Gallo is a great source for learning the pitch. Not only do you learn the right way to do the pitch...but there is rare footage of the old man himself (my Dad...not Vernon)discussing a lot of the common mistakes that most people do when executing the pitch. The only other sources I would recommend for learning this is DVD's by both Mike Rubinstein and Mike Ammar as they are two of the few people who I have seen do it properly.

Mike
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Thanks Mike.

No problem with the NYCMS DVDs, but I didn't see the pitch taught on any of them. Performed, but not reviewed in detail. (Maybe I missed one?) I have Michael's Coin Sleights DVDs already and I will try to get a copy of Remembering the Magic of Lou Gallo.

Thanks again!

Jim
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2775 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2010-12-21 21:27, mike gallo wrote:
If you are looking for a DVD with some good tricks...Samkeys DVD's are worth getting. If you are looking to learn how to perform the Pitch correctly...then I seriously suggest looking else where.

Mike

That makes me wonder, well if anyones interested Sankey's Anytime Anywhere has the Gallo Pitch.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2905 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2010-12-25 02:55, J-Mac wrote:
...No problem with the NYCMS DVDs, but I didn't see the pitch taught on any of them...(Maybe I missed one?)...

Jim, check out the bonus section on Volume 6.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Thanks Laurie! I will do that right now! Smile

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Excellent! You should know Laurie.... Smile You're there at the table! I hadn't looked at that Bonus yet, but I had gone through every menu. The Bonus sections don’t say what it there. Anyway now I know where to look.

Thanks again!

Jim
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2905 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
You're welcome, Jim. Smile
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Mike's DVD is naturally and definitely the most perfect way to learn his father's pitch. However, apart from Michael Rubinstein, Michael Ammar and Jay Sankey, Joe Rindfleisch in Extreme Coin Magic is also offering a good performance and teaching how to use the pitch within original routines.

Mike, since I'm the one responsible for bringing the Gallo Pitch in this thread, initially asking for advice about the Han Ping Chien move, I'd like to underline, in all fairness, that Tim Feher is offering a very good performance of the move as well (unless I missed something).
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27143 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you're looking to go forward with application of the sleight and like the way Harry Lorayne writes - he published two applications of mine. One using the Slydini Revolve so you don't have to worry about holding out was published in Apocalypse magazine and the other using HPC out of EG to manage a multiple coin switch for an "instant wildcoin" is, I believe, in his Best of Friends volume II.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2010-12-16 18:12, Fred Apel wrote:
Where can I get some help with the hen pen chen coin sleight?

Fred, when you make it back to Michigan, I bet Tim Feher will help you with the sleights.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10770 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Some 10 years ago over at Boomers in Las vegas I demonstrated a han pen chen from the Tenkai pinch for Paul Harris and louy Siiminoff , they loved .it I call it the Gosh Pen Chen.
MB was kind enough to put up a demo that is in"you outh to be in pictures section" if anyone is interested in this technique just send me a pm with e mail address and I will send a demo with the handling
vinny
this move is almost invisible
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hen pen chen coin sleight (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL