The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peeking? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
fleischer
View Profile
New user
Sweden
91 Posts

Profile of fleischer
Hi all!

I’m in deep need of help! I need advice how to perform a peek. The situation is on stage. I don't have a peek-wallet such as Mind Spy Wallet or Sight Unseen case. Any suggestions?

The spectator with me on stage is supposed to think of a number, and write it down. After that, I have to secretly get access to it. I don't have an impression device either. Please help friends.
HÃ¥kan - Sweden
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
I thought this topic might be about mountain climbing. Smile
Do a center tear, or a billet switch. You shouldn't have any trouble finding instructions on either of these moves.
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
I am sure you could find something to suit you in Richard Buschs' Peek Performances.

Luke Jermay.
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
You might want to PM Sir T, he taught me a really good Peek for stage work. He credited Bob for the method, but I am not sure where in the vast tome of Bob's work you would find it.

T, is pretty good about answering questions or pointing you in the right direction. Then again, maybe someone here will know which book has Bob's peek in it??

Rest
fleischer
View Profile
New user
Sweden
91 Posts

Profile of fleischer
Hi friends,

and thanks. Well, a center tear is not for me, since heavy exposures on this have been done on Swedish television.

I do a billet switch in my show, but for this effect it doesn't feel comfortable. Anyone know where to get Richard Buschs' Peek Performances?

Please, keep up the brainstorming

HÃ¥kan
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
The Mind razor:

A spectator writes a word, a question, or draws a picture on a cardstock billet (No impression device is used and the mentalist's back may be turned while the spectator writes her thoughts)

She drops the billet into an ordinary sugar bowl, or similar container, where the spectator herself burns it.

The mentalist already knows her thought, though at no time has he touched the billet.

The container requires no special preparation. If you are the type who insists that props be examined, the bowl can be inspected forever after you've performed the effect.

Nice rountine really, it is Bob's.

Good luck finding it.

Rest
Crippen
View Profile
New user
Washington, D.C.
79 Posts

Profile of Crippen
Rest,

Have you used Mind Razor yet? I'm trying to come up with some container other than a sugar bowl to use. Can´t see pulling that out of my briefcase. The concept is beautiful though.

Regards,

Crippen
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
Maybe you could do some pre-show work with a clipboard. There is many out there to choose from. Rick.
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
Yes, I use this all the time, (credit to Sir T for teaching me and showing me how to do it). I myself never carry the bowl, I use what is at hand, ie venue, house, club. I have been known to use an astray for the lid and use the glass, I am drinking out of (making sure the glass is the proper kind).

At one club I was at any small drink glass could be used, so I asked someone to shotgun their drink and used it plus Their astray...Yes, that night I was a god!

Bob does have one where you can use a Jam/Jelly jar, but as of yet, I do not have it and T has not or will not teach it to me. %$^*&* him....LOL

Anyway, if you want to discuss methods PM me.

Rest
fleischer
View Profile
New user
Sweden
91 Posts

Profile of fleischer
Do anyone know any sources like e-books (since I travel a lot and have a laptop with me) that describes different types of peeks, or anything else concerning (good) mentalism?
Didier Chantome
View Profile
New user
FRANCE
57 Posts

Profile of Didier Chantome
If you don't want to use an impression device with instant access, a peek is the best method to obtain information.

Maybe there is another way, but if you let us know WHY the spectator needs to write a number, we could keep on brainstorming. Smile

Best-
D.
fleischer
View Profile
New user
Sweden
91 Posts

Profile of fleischer
I want to make the impression that i write the magic square BEFORE the spectator mentions the number...
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Fleisher,

A peek is not necessary to accomplish this.
See my PM and check threads on magic squares for similar ideas. I don't know if they will meet your needs but it may inspire you to think in a new direction.

Bill
fleischer
View Profile
New user
Sweden
91 Posts

Profile of fleischer
Thanks bill!

/H

So, what became the solution? Well, in my opinion mentalism moves should be the fairest and most "unmagical", So, I've
experimented with bill switches (and invented a good one in fact:_) and then unfolded it behind the magic square. But the answer was not there, no, I took use of Mr Beckers "Midnight Miracle Envelope" (found in stunners plus). So simple to use, even I manage it:-) Thank you mr Becker!

/HÃ¥kan in Sweden
lmrmagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of lmrmagic
Fleischer,

I just noted that Peek Performances is on sale at Ronjo.com. Just a heads up.
fleischer
View Profile
New user
Sweden
91 Posts

Profile of fleischer
Thank you lmrmagic, will check on it.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Peek Performances is available from AB Stagecraft http://www.mindguy.com/store (which is partially owned by Richard Busch) and not only can we supply you with the book BUT can have Richard autograph it for you as well PLUS if you have any questions directly for Richard, pm me and I will send them to him directly. We also sell a very clever stage device for peeking.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thought Reader
Everything seems very reasonably priced on the site. Are these in Canadian dollars? Even a better deal if they are! Several inexpensive items would seem to work for fleicher.
Thanks for the info
Dave Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
c_lamby2k
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, UK
75 Posts

Profile of c_lamby2k
About the ebooks, I haven't checked but how about http://www.lybrary.com
its really good for ebooks.
CRAIG(c_lamby2k)
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
No Dave, I am afraid that the prices are in USD BUT with the exchange rate getting closer all the time, it is not as bad as it once was.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peeking? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL