The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Las Vegas props for auction tomorrow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
744 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
http://itricks.com/news/2010/12/auction-......er-17th/

If you have 150k plus and are looking for a show. Vegas would be a great place to be tomorrow...
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Dang it... I just spent my 150k I had lol

I'd actually like to know who ends up buying this!
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Did he file for bankruptcy? I remember last year he closed the doors to his theater and they were chained up. Wow! I thought that he had loads of family money. I guess I was wrong. I think that they would sell the lot faster if they separated the items into smaller lots. Looks like some nice stuff.

Patrick
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
If only the things could be bought separately- $200 for Blades of Death. Wow
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
Read the fine print, it's being sold as a lot for 150k

5 times the prices shown and increments of 3k minimum on bidding.

Whew! Someone is going to get a deal and a half on this stuff.

J
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I've always wanted one of those Lear Jet shells!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
744 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I was told that Wyrick showed up to buy the stuff back for 150k and then they said well wait a min.... Then he said how about 200k and then they decided to hold off and see if this stuff may infact be worth more than 35k or the 150k that they are trying to get..
One illusion cost more than 150k from the talks of what has been said about the cost of his props.

This is only hear say.. They decided to hold off the auction untill they could get a few opinions on what this stuff is really worth..
They also said that they were not sure if all the goods were even there and that he still has a key to the storage house.

Steve has used the Hummer illusion on Ellen even during all this stuff with his key..

What do you think? Is the Hummer Illusions worth more than 500 dollars? It was built by David Mendoza one of the worlds greatest magic builders that only builds stuff for rock stars etc... Magicraft... I believe that is still the name of his company... He normally doesn't do anything for less than 10k to 30k..
The Elevator and the sets and back drops were all designed by the people that do the Acadamy of Awards shows... So I'd say that 750 dollars is quite a great steal...

This is all what I've heard from others, so I can not confirm or deny that this is truth..
The only thing that I know for sure is that the illusions are worth way more than the price list that they have.

That's my take on the deal.

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
I was going to ask if they were streaming the auction online anywhere, but I guess it doesn't matter right now. I imagine someone will buy this lot and we'll see the props show up on Magic Auction or your used illusion site, Taylor.

Sincerely,
David
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
881 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Quote:
On 2010-12-17 17:22, Bob1Dog wrote:

Is that the expanded Learjet shell or the regular?...
EliTheIllusionist
View Profile
Regular user
York, PA
191 Posts

Profile of EliTheIllusionist
Wow. Those prices are insane.

-E
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Didn't go, all I had was $149,999.99
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
sly2272
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of sly2272
Anyone know whats really happening with this.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7383 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Steve should have never shown up to bid himself. He could have been there but have someone else bid. This happens all the time in the real world.
The debtor minimizes a huge debt and regains much of his property at a greatly discounted price.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
If it is true, and I say again IF it is true, that Steve Wyrick's plan was to buy his own stuff back for 150,000 then the word that pops in my mind is: criminal... And the second word is: stupid. For showing up himself. It also would not have solved his problems. I guess he is still in the phase of denial and he still has to accept that he had his chance, that ended up in a financial dissaster, and take the consequences. I always had some sympathy for Wyrick. But with all the bad things about for instance the way he treats his employers, and how he behaved after the burning stuntman accident, he already is on my list of magicians who you should stay away with and never leave alone in your warehouse.... It is only from what I hear and read. But it's a lot...
I hope the illusions go to someone who knows how to use them.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22565 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Looks like he may have an out now. It is my understanding, being the finance business for over 20 years, that if the principle party can buy his stuff back for their asking price, they have to sell it to him. If all he owes is $150K then they have to sell it to him for their asking price.

The loop hole is that they must sell it at fair market value. It was maybe a good move for him to show up and have them refuse their deal. Time will tell I guess.

Looks like maybe both parties did not seek legal consultation.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2010-12-18 00:19, Frank Simpson wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-17 17:22, Bob1Dog wrote:

Is that the expanded Learjet shell or the regular?...

Good one Frank!

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
It's actually a shrunken learjet shell that fits underneath the regular shell. You shrink it with a gigantic raven!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Yikes, I thought Frank was only kidding! Don't know a thing about the thing!

Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Which major illusions are listed on the auction?
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
744 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Wyrick also bought the entire show that was once at the Aladdin Main Theater for one night a few months ago..
It was built by Creative Illusions that used to be based out of Vegas.. They are no longer in Business.
The Company was made up of Paul Hanes and Ken Whitacker.

The new stuff on the magic auction is more than likely some more stuff that Mr Steve owns.

TR.
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Las Vegas props for auction tomorrow (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL