The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dream Signs by Daniel Love (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I know that this piece was made about six years ago, but I recently had the joy to purchase this manuscript. If you've ever been even just an occasional shopper of ebooks on mentalism, you know that a really good idea is a dime in a dozen, and most merely use existing ideas in new ways. I was thrilled to find that Dream Signs is the biggest exception I've read in a while.

The ebook is small; just 17 pages, only about 9 of which actually deal with the method, but as I said, this book is an exception to the status quo, and those 9 pages may well be some of the most valuable 9 I've ever read. Like I've heard (for I dare not say I've ever said it myself Smile ) "Size doesn't matter, it's all about how you use it".

If you've ever read Though Chunnel by Joshua Quinn, you're close to the method, yet oh so far away at the same time. The method is so golden, it's as if its just tripping along the edge of possible without actually falling into true mind reading or unreliability. Daniel goes into subtleties to make sure it works, but I tried an adapted version of it and it worked the first time. So beautifully simple, so visual yet flexible; while the map he gives for the effect is specific to star signs, the idea behind it is not. I'm currently drawing up a splendid map based upon his method. With enough thought you could draw up maps for just about anything; you're not limited to the number of letters in their word as you are in progressive anagramming; it shares so much in common with progressive anagrams yet at the same time is so different.

The method is inherently invisible by definition, and never requires your spectator to speak, or make any sound/motion, yet at the same time you can truly read their body language, without muscle reading, eye access cues, or any of the traditional non contact mind reading techniques; it's entirely out of that spectrum and sits alone in its workings. If you are into star sign revelations, which I personally didn't buy it for, then you now have a technique that allows you to nearly read minds for real and get at their star sign without having to go through even the most streamlined of anagrams; you can now use direct visualization.

I can't give this $15 work of art anything less than a 10/10 rating to fall into the ranks of 5 other 5/5 rankings on Lybrary.com, for it's explanation, thought map, presentational subtleties, and oh so gloriously perfect method. The possibilities this opens to me are nearly endless.

Dream Signs, by Daniel Love, $15 at Lybray.com: http://www.lybrary.com/dream-signs-p-240.html
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
This sounds interesting! are there advantages with this over Thought Chunnel? what are the downsides compared to Thought Chunnel

I was only able to find this so far, some of their thoughts are a bit rough, others are complimentary. Anyone else use this?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

http://gunnsight.blogspot.com/2004/09/dr......iew.html
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
reviewerman
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of reviewerman
I would suggest that anyone interested in buying this take a look at the VERY mixed reviews of it in the past. The advertising/sales blurb is very misleading, imho.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Quote:
On 2010-12-17 09:41, lunatik wrote:
This sounds interesting! are there advantages with this over Thought Chunnel? what are the downsides compared to Thought Chunnel

I was only able to find this so far, some of their thoughts are a bit rough, others are complimentary. Anyone else use this?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

http://gunnsight.blogspot.com/2004/09/dr......iew.html

I also read the blog post prior to purchase, in fact I read all about the effect some months ago and only recently purchased it, and I can only give my personal opinion on it as a wonderful and workable method. I can't say much for Tommy Gunn, other than I doubt he actually tried it; he seems like an overly sour and fanatically cynical critic.

It is similar to Thought Chunnel, yet very different at the same time. It shares it's "progressiveness" with Thought Chunnel, but in other respects works a lot like a progressive anagram without letters. It's hard to explain, but a wonderful concept that I instantly thought of applications for.

I personally didn't find the sales "blurb" misleading, and apparently neither did the other five reviewers on Lybrary.com. As it got a 5/5 rating from all of them.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I don't have this and it looks very interesting. I must say, it seems hard to go too far wrong at $15 unless it has no value whatsoever. Given what I have read about it, it certainly has some value.
reviewerman
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of reviewerman
People need to know - this IS A PROGRESSIVE ANAGRAM TECHNIQUE.

I just realised that one very extensive thread reviewing it has been deleted. Disappointing, as it was very honest.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I must say that it is not an anagram. An anagram deals with letters and words, this never uses them.
reviewerman
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of reviewerman
Dekel;

It uses a technique that is functionally identical to a progressive anagram. Identical.

That it does not use words or letters is only a technicality.

If anyone hates using progressive anagrams, they'll hate this too.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
While technically this doesn't use a progressive anagram, it operates in the exact same way. You're suggesting something, waiting for feedback, and based on that feedback you change your script/questioning. It's fishing in the same way a PA is.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Regardless if it uses a variation of a PA, is it better or more deceptive than Thought Chunnel? or equal or not as good?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I guess we've established Reviewman doesn't like Progressive Anagrams. However, many do, and when executed properly can be a very useful and powerful performance tool.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
@lunatik: It's different than Thought Chunnel. I would say that it is different than Thought Chunnel, in the fact that it's a fishing system as opposed to a fishing/multiple alternative forcing system.

@Mindpro: I personally like the concept of anagrams, just don't use them often because they are quite difficult and terribly transparent. Dream Signs is neither.
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
Check out my book 120% CHESTOSTERONE
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
Hi Guys!
I also like DREAM SIGNS.
The most important part when using a PA or Branching Tree Anagram is trying to get no NOs!
This is the hard part after creating a suitable anagram. I don't know if you already read my ZODIAC from 120% Chestosteron. I really love this routine because with that you can always jazz with your answers.
Author of "120% Chestosterone"
NOW AVAILABLE FROM YOUR DEALER OF TRUST!

Chester
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Yes, Dream Signs never involves No's. I've heard of your book, but was under the impression that your technique only works in German?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
It avoids neins?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
tkahng
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of tkahng
Quote:
On 2010-12-17 16:16, Dr Spektor wrote:
It avoids neins?

ja
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
:-D It also works in Englisch! There are some finer points that are lost in translation BUT I think that it is quite flawless if you really learn it the way it should be

Chester
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass

Chester
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Thanks for that plug...now back to topic.

I like Dream Signs. Yes it is structurally similar to PA, but gets past the "I'm going to divine which of twelve words you are trying to spell in your head" effect of most routines of this type. It also avoids the increasing issue of people who can't spell.
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
425 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Quinns Thought Chunneling, Sass's Zodiac, Love's Dream Signs, Nu's Astrologic, Jermay's Three Cheers for the Underrated, Ayres' Out on a Limb . . . all works of grand substance.
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dream Signs by Daniel Love (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL