The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Another libertarian question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You are equating your multi grain crap bars with wikileaks? Okay.....

I think the taxing of cigarettes into very high prices caused people to quit, which resulted in those monies not being collected but spent.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
>? IMHO no

Though you have the right not to eat it and spend your money on products which provide both the information and quality of materials you so desire.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-12-17 22:15, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
>? IMHO no

Though you have the right not to eat it and spend your money on products which provide both the information and quality of materials you so desire.

Ex-freaking-actly!
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
They show the quality of the materials? Where is that on the label?
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
You actually FOUND the nasty crap, right? It was printed right there on the box, right?

WIN!

Anybody in this day and age who believes taglines like "More of the Whole Grains your Body needs" deserves whatever they get.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Right, I found the nasty crap, because the printing of the true ingredients was required. Otherwise, I might have been turned into a drooling, high fructose corn syrup zombie.

Quote:
:
gdw wrote:

On 2010-12-17 22:15, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

Quote:

Ex-freaking-actly!

So where were all the nutrition labels before the 1990 FDA act required them? It's all well and good to say only buy those products that give the desired information, but it is not in the food industry's interest as a whole to reveal it--or else it would have already happened, as the profit motive dictates. The organic food movement has come about as we learned more about the crap that is actually in the food we eat --without that information, there is no movement. Pesticides? What pesticides?

A free market, like democracy, is not free if there is not freedom and equality of information distribution.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Mom, did you put bleach in the lemonade again?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Yup, COUNTRY-TIME TM lemonade style drink. 'Cause it's just too difficult to make real lemonade.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2010-12-18 17:14, landmark wrote:
Yup, COUNTRY-TIME TM lemonade style drink. 'Cause it's just too difficult to make real lemonade.

I'll have a glass. Right after I fix myself a nice grilled "cheese food product" sandwich, maybe lightly moistened with "vegetable oil spread" (after all, it's got NO CHOLESTEROL). Then I'll finish with some sugar-free cookies (no fewer calories, if you trouble to look at the label, but none of that pesky actual-cookie flavor).
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-12-18 17:37, rossmacrae wrote:
Quote:

I'll have a glass. Right after I fix myself a nice grilled "cheese food product" sandwich, maybe lightly moistened with "vegetable oil spread" (after all, it's got NO CHOLESTEROL). Then I'll finish with some sugar-free cookies (no fewer calories, if you trouble to look at the label, but none of that pesky actual-cookie flavor).

Yup, THIS is what we've got now, not saying it's because of the FDA, but it seems like there's MORE crap being put in food now.

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
So do libertarians like the labels or not? I can't tell...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-12-18 23:24, MagicSanta wrote:
So do libertarians like the labels or not? I can't tell...

Depends on the individual. What they don't like is being forced to label.

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
They don't like food companies using labels? Interesting....dang those who ever we are mad at!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-12-18 23:47, MagicSanta wrote:
They don't like food companies using labels? Interesting....dang those who ever we are mad at!

??? That was not what was said.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2010-12-18 18:39, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-18 17:37, rossmacrae wrote:
Quote:

Yup, THIS is what we've got now, not saying it's because of the FDA, but it seems like there's MORE crap being put in food now.

Hmm, though Pop Haydn might agree with you, I'm not sure his customers would have.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
GDW, so you are saying that content labels are a good idea but shouldn't have to be used?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-12-19 20:18, MagicSanta wrote:
GDW, so you are saying that content labels are a good idea but shouldn't have to be used?

I'm saying that I do not support the use of violence against those who do not wish to label, nor against those who wish to purchase said un-labeled items, so, yes.

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Violence? What did I miss? I thought this was about Landmark thinking he was eating good food when he ate icky stuff.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-12-20 00:46, MagicSanta wrote:
Violence? What did I miss? I thought this was about Landmark thinking he was eating good food when he ate icky stuff.

How do you propose government "enforce" mandatory labelling?

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Um...most likely they send a letter, I don't know how violence got into the picture
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Another libertarian question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL