The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Finale for kid show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
The vaudville analogy isn't correct I believe because vaudville had other reasons for the last act. The last act on a vaudville bill was supposed to be bad in order to chase the people out of the theater and make room for fresh ticket sales.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2010-12-29 20:49, BYUDAD wrote:

Mike,

I loved your video. You know how to entertain for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Patrick

Thanks for the kind words my friend.
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Quote:
On 2010-12-29 11:47, Kim Van Weert wrote:
Produce a rabbit and your work is done.

An old magician (Chaz) told me once "No matter what goes wrong as long as the rabbit appears and is alive in the end. Nothing else will matter"

So far he has been right on the money
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
Snowstorm is a great ender, but I believe the original post was parlor condition, probably many times in people's homes. Don't know too many parents who would be thrilled with me doing Snowstorm in their Living or Family Room.

However, for stage or other conditions, wonderful effect
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Nick Nolan
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Nick Nolan
Quote:
On 2010-12-20 15:53, Billy Bo wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-20 14:12, Nick Nolan wrote:
I end on the snowstorm in china, every time I've done it I've had so many good comments and most of the time I get a standing ovation...

Nick.

I bet you do it with a fan as well nick, mmm I wonder who you nicked that off, I better get another finale.

I can assure you I didn't nick this off of you what so ever! It is performed world wide by other magicians and I actually got the idea off a good friend of mine. So no need to get another ending because our routines are so different you probably couldn't even tell it was the same trick!

Cheers!
Nick.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
533 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I often end mine with rose petal to egg. Pluck off a rose petal, drop it into a wine glass and it turns into an egg.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3917 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I do the drawing board for the little people. It always gets a wonderful reaction.

For the older kids, I finish with the adult volunteer in the Arm Chopper.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1811 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Sock Puppet Monkey:

In all due respect, in my opinion, your response is, unfortunately, rather rude and obnoxious.

If people are nice enough to take time to post their opinions here, please refrain from trying to do what you did. It's not right.

Some people are better off reading quietly or listening rather than offering rude comments.
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
Quote:
On 2010-12-20 14:30, Rainboguy wrote:
I have been performing magic for 0ver 50 years and have always closed my kid shows with Abbott's Hippity Hop Rabbits.

In my opinion, there is no finer closer for kids shows.

Agreed! I've used it for 25 years now. This year my theme park wants a new ending and I lived a nightmare trying to find something that good. I ended up going big and doing an Asrah vanish.
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would offer my $.02. I used to produce a live rabbit and the previous posts are correct. You can't beat it. However, when he died, I just didn't want to go back to having to care and worry about another one so I found Vanishing Bandana. I have used it for 5 yr olds and all adult shows and it kills every single time. It has been my faithful closer for over 10 yrs now. Can't recommend it enough.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-01-07 21:08, revmike wrote:
Snowstorm is a great ender, but I believe the original post was parlor condition, probably many times in people's homes. Don't know too many parents who would be thrilled with me doing Snowstorm in their Living or Family Room.

However, for stage or other conditions, wonderful effect

Agreed, Mike. Snowstorm is a mess to clean up, and the paper used seems to cling for dear life to everything.

I use it on stage, but would never dream of doing this in someone's home.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Quote:
On 2011-01-25 18:54, Dan Ford wrote:
I often end mine with rose petal to egg. Pluck off a rose petal, drop it into a wine glass and it turns into an egg.

Saw that as a boy and I have never forgotten it. A truly beautiful effect.
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
A couple of effects before the end I produce a rabbit, (mirror box)
do something else with the rabbit out on a table
make the rabbit vanish in wringer,
then
" oh my I forgot you kids wanted to pet her"

Put the rabbit back in the wringer, get out a hand balloon pump.
put the pump up against the wringer, pump a few times, look in the box, pump a few more times, then pull her out

stand or sit and hold the rabbit while the kids pet her, Lately my girlfriend has been assisting at some shows,
she will hold the rabbit for petting while I pack up the show
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:

AMEN !
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Nobody seems to have mentioned the possibility of ending with a song. This is the finest way to end a show, if you're able to sing. The right choice of song will give everyone a feelgood factor, and round off a show perfectly. And the end of a song is a natural applause cue.
Though I only include songs for my family and public shows, for Birthday parties I do end with a trick, simply because the end of the show is just the start of the next part of the party.
Potty Smile
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2126 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Quote:
On 2011-05-14 03:19, Potty the Pirate wrote:
Nobody seems to have mentioned the possibility of ending with a song. This is the finest way to end a show, if you're able to sing. The right choice of song will give everyone a feelgood factor, and round off a show perfectly. And the end of a song is a natural applause cue.
Potty Smile

Now that IS an idea!!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island
398 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
For kids under 8, you can't go wrong with Snowstorm. I use comedy with it, using comedy wands,( break a-way fan, plunger, water shooter as a wand). Even for older kids, some dramatic music and dimmed color lighting is great. Otherwise, sword through the neck for the older kids works all the time.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1621 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
The bunny does the trick.
Tricky Ricky
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2126 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Quote:

This is absolutely true, and Tricky Ricky agrees! I myself don't use a real rabbit, but I can SO envision how that would be the say-all end-all trick in any kid's show! Following up with a live-rabbit production after RunRabbitRun, or Hip-Hoprabbits.....whatever would you do AFTER that??
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
What a great bunch of ideas here!

I sometimes end with an interactive balloon sculpture. I blow the balloons, twisting each one a little and inviting the kids the "guess" what it's gonna be. Then I hand out the balloon to a child to hold, as I blow up the next and continue in this fashion (6 total.) I eventually collect them, and twist them into the final sculpture which is a 3' tall rabbit (so, I guess I end with a rabbit production too!)

I feel this is a nice ending because it involves them, is a sort of game, keeps their attention, and leaves a nice gift for the b-day child and keeps him/her the center of attention.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Finale for kid show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL