The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Just Have to Say, "The GREAT Steve Dusheck" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I was just looking through an old DVD, Steve Dusheck, The 1982 Lecture, and when it comes to rings, strings and things here, this is very hard to beat. Dusheck did this a long time ago and then put it into a DVD format in 2005 from old film for about $10 I think. Quite a deal when you look at the price of DVDs nowadays.

In it are about 20 of his original tricks, many if not all of them are just brilliant pieces of magic that you can make yourself easy enough and he shows you how on most of them. His Dusheck's Dollar, Dollar Punch, FunKey and Ringer just to name a few are so clever they bear repeating and that's why they have withstood the test of time, along with some of his other big tricks like Copper/Silver Transpo (Now sold by Theory 11 as "Digital Dissolve"), Lethal Tender (Yes, LT is his also), Waltzing Matilda and Wunderbar. Dusheck has created literally 1000s of wonderful tricks, written several magic books on various genre's of magic and has been a successful working Pro. He has created magic for some of the best magicians in the world and continues doing some of that still to this day with his wonderful series of Business Card Tricks, special orders he only does for his closest friends.

He has known and been a part of the greater magic circles with the best out there then and now. They all know him and admire his work. He is a true craftsman and a tremendously honest and good person. His magic is wonderful and it's a real treat to look into how all this stuff is actually made and marketed. His DVD is more than worth it and should be on the magic shelf of anyone that has ever said the magical word, ABRACADABRA! Simply amazing stuff! I just had to say it yet again.

http://www.stevedusheck.com/

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Folks,
While at his website, purchase his Predicto Penny (it's a Bz Cd Trick); It will kill most every magician (it they admit it!). I use it all the time to mooch free coffee.
BWind
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He's a great guy and literally unknown.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As he keeps telling me, he is retired! He hit the magic market with numerous great little tricks years ago. All were killers, and dealers and manufacturers quickly ripped them off for higher profit margins. Steve has no "ill will" against this action, what a great attutide.

Yes, Steve is a great guy and very helpful. His magic is top notch.

If you do not buy his CD of tricks, you are only hurting yourself and depriving a great magical experience from your audiences.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Came across his Ringer recently completely by luck but boy is it a remarkable little piece of magic. Clever is an understatement about this as it pertains to any discussion about the Ring Flight genre of magic.

I said it before and I'll say it again, "Unless God makes one of these, I'll be using Dusheck's." Remarkable! Smile

*Hey also came across this on Dusheck's Coin Card, yet another miraculous effect from this tireless magical mind. Just simplistically beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLl1Z5uaT8
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
I still have a lot of his original effects that were made by Sterling Magic (When they used to make quality stuff) Power Ring Flight, Lethal Tender, Head Out, Card Coin, Wonder Bar and his Waltzing Matilda although not sure if the last 2 were made by Sterling.

Steve is one of the brightest minds and nicest guys in magic. I first met Steve while working at Hollywood Magic back in the mid 80's. When ever he was in town he would always stop by one or both of the shops and would demo all his stuff for customers and he would make sure that we were able to demo his stuff...LOL. I remember one Sat afternoon at the Costa Mesa store he sold at least a dozen Wonder Bars and probably half a dozen Lethal Tenders in less than 2 hours...man those were the days!!!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Another Brilliant effect By Steve that I use all the time is his Confounding Coffer.
a coin is removed from a ring box the coin vanishes, the re appears again and again in the ring box..
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes Godfather, you are right, Confounding Coffer is also quite brilliant as to the workings and the presentation. And that Coin Card is pretty slick as well. Smile Again, what a great DVD from a wonderful magic creator.

All this stuff is still very much excellent and quality magic at its finest! Smile

dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On 2010-12-21 14:11, wmhegbli wrote:
Steve has no "ill will" against this action, what a great attutide.

You're joking, right?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I would feel naked doing walk aruond without a pocket full of Steve Dusheck's tricks.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2010-12-30 16:08, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-21 14:11, wmhegbli wrote:
Steve has no "ill will" against this action, what a great attutide.

You're joking, right?

Ah, I remember that thread. For a man who has been ripped off, had deserved money virtually taken from him, over a period of many years, Steve's attitude in that thread was sterling. And I think there are many people who know Steve much better than you or I who are in a MUCH better position to speak of Steve's attitude toward these things.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I have been looking for an original "Confounding Coffer" for some time, without luck. I made one per the instructions on the DVD (Steve no longer produces the item), but would like an original. Great effect.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Just Have to Say, "The GREAT Steve Dusheck" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL