The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Sanada Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Amongst my box of treasures I also have a Sanada Gimmick. Maybe I have a particularly poor quality version, but I could never use it in performance, it's just SO obvious.

Do any members of the Café use one?
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
I have one. I won't use it unless I'm about 25 feet away from someone. It just doesn't match my skin hue.
Who is John Galt?
jgeist1
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
98 Posts

Profile of jgeist1
Have you tried to paint it? A friend of mine had one and I thought that it was very convincing. Go to a hobby store and fix it up Smile

-Jason
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Yeah, I could give that a shot.
Who is John Galt?
mooooomba
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of mooooomba
My hands are too small for it....
After I cut it x amount of times, I couldn't hide anything with it.
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
I bought one and practised with it for ages. I swear I couldn't see it, but every time I used it I got caught, so it now lives in the bottom of the drawer. Smile
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Maybe our own Scott F. Guinn could help us, and share his wisdom with the Sanada gimmick, as his Sponge Ball routine (PB&J) uses the sanada gimmick, and he has been using it for quite some time.

Any wise words to share Scott, or any other that uses this gimmick sith success?

I would also need some tips on this one!

Thanks in advance!

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You should paint the gimmick to match your flesh tone, but more than that, learn to handle the gimmick as if it is not there. If you worry about it too much, this will be transmitted to the audience. They will pick up on it, and you will get caught. It should be flashed, not stared at.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
515 Posts

Profile of spatrick
If you get an opportunity check out Jay Scott Berrys work with the Sanada Gimmick. his routines are wonderful with it.

S. Patrick
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1149 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
My very worst purchase ever....
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I beg to differ with my friends in magic. The Sanada gimmick is a very useful device but should be used in the context of other routines. Let it not stand alone. May I suggest using it with a purse clip to produce a sponge ball. THEN, use the opportunity of storing away the purse clip to stash the gimmick, say in your pocket. Move on to do a sponge ball routine. Want to try something really nice? Do the multiplying sponge balls. Have ready a ball and shell in a ball clip. Just some thoughts.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
My Sanada gimmick is a good quality one. I had bought it from Manipulix of Germany who is also a Café member. He had recommended it to me personally and I bought it when he was in Turkey and I could see the quality before buying it. Nobody could see it up to now. It is a plastic gimmick so it does not seem wise to me to paint it. When you buy a plastic gimmick, it is always best to check the color with your skin. Shopping by post may be a little bit surprising from time to time. I hope Scott may tell more about it.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
I use one close-up with sponges and have never been caught. I certainly don't leave it out there for long and the hand is on the move!
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
I also got the Sanada, I have tried using it for a billswitch and some disappearing sponges, but is it usable for anything else? I don't know...
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1149 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Total waste of time...
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1783 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Wulfie, are you saying a sanada gimmick is a complete waste of time? If so, may I suggest you check out Scott Guinn's or Jay Scott Berry's work with the device because once you do I believe your mind would be changed quickly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Sanada Gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL