The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » This youtube video got me in a great trance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEEhEgP4IKQ

I have been very curious for quite some time about the feeling of being hypnotised. This video did it for me. I have tried many others online and they didn't come close to this one. I started thinking I was not able to be hypnotised, but this was brilliant. I am still feeling really light headed & drowsy as I type.

The problem was that this ended so abruptly, I snapped out of the trance with a bit of a shock. I might try the suggestion of watching all 3 together.

Edit - Here is the "play all 3 in the playlist" link
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=arch......hEgP4IKQ
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
If you had never been hypnotized before, how do you know that you were hypnotized by this video? Being "light headed & drowsy" are not necessarily signs of hypnosis.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
To try and watch a cellphone move back and forth and hear someone 'speak hypnotically' for 10 minutes(?) did not capture my attention nor was it relaxing. I closed the page after listening and watching for a maximum of one and a half minutes. If you were able to sit and watch the whole thing...
I agree with dmkraig that just being 'light headed & drowsy' is not a sign of hypnosis, then again, you did accept the suggestion to sit through the video, so you can say that you were hypnotized.
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
Well... interesting feedback. From what I understand, it doesn't really matter if a phone moves back & forth - if someone follows the suggestion, then the rest of it works.

If you turned it off after 1.5 minutes, you missed out on a really good script I think - regardless of the mobile phone lights intro.

And those who say that feeling groggy & light headed isn't a sign of hypnosis, well nongard quotes "if you feel different at the end of the clip, then you have been in a trance" from his own videos. Is he wrong?
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9522 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
"if you feel different at the end of the clip, then you have been in a trance" from his own videos. Is he wrong?

This is a very vague statement. It could be a combination that this blanket statement is wrong and/or your interpretation of this is wrong.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Being vague is trance inducing. that's what ericksonian hypnosis is based on. If this guy thinks he's been hypnotised then he has by the very nature of putting his own ideas of what being hypnotised means alongside the clip.

Of course you could choose to disagree before realising that this is the truth.... or agree that hypnosis doesn't exist at all...but that doesn't mean I agree...or even have to....

And when you look at it like that ...you have to ask yourself ..."does it really matter?"

Nope it doesn't..
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Yes, Ericksonian hypnosis does use metaphores and indirect suggestion to take someone into trance with by-passing critcal thinking and allow the subconscious to hear and accept/reject suggestions.
I still agree with dm that just feeling drowsy and groggy does not necessarly prove one was in a state of hypnosis, though as I said, if one did watch the video link and accepted the suggestions, then yes, that would be a state of hypnosis.
With seeing a cell phone moving back and forth in the video as a focal point just did not allow me to feel as if I could relax, especially without any type of rapport with a person, not just a voice.
scottds80 said..."The problem was that this ended so abruptly, I snapped out of the trance with a bit of a shock."
That in itself sounded like an experience I would not want to be left with. I would rather feel like I had had a relaxing and refreshing nap upon reaching a fully conscious level, so the time I watched was enough for me.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6131 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
If you are reading this and imagining what I look like the tone of my voice and facial expressions...if you find yourself continuing our conversation after you leave the computer then you are in a trance state.

You don't have to be relaxed to go into trance runners go through the pain barrier into a trance like state regularly.

I am not saying the video is good or bad I feel indifferent towards it. And I am not right about hypnosis since its an emotionally charged term that means different things to different people. So there is no point arguing about meanings.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » This youtube video got me in a great trance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL