The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Cards on the Table Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
Hi Guys,

Heres a quick clip of me performing 'Ambitious Spots' from the Cards On The Table book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfC17Gk4qvk
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
Great stuff Mel. Best wishes.
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
HI Guys,

Out of respect for Jerrys wishes I have removed the video.

Sorry
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Yeah, Jerry's videos don't usually last long. I did get a chance to catch it before you removed it, though. Nice handling.

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
Thanks Caleb.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Mel, I understand why you would remove the video which is admirable. What I don't get is why jerry would ask you too. "here's a book I'm
Selling you that explains some tricks.....but don't perform them"

I'd do the same thing as you and remove it as I respect that sort of thing, but can't really understand it. Great book though.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2010-12-22 16:28, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Mel, I understand why you would remove the video which is admirable. What I don't get is why jerry would ask you too. "here's a book I'm
Selling you that explains some tricks.....but don't perform them"

I'd do the same thing as you and remove it as I respect that sort of thing, but can't really understand it. Great book though.

I suspect it's because video isn't the same thing as a live magic performance.
You can't stop/pause/rewind/slo-mo a live performance to deconstruct what's going on and fully analyze the whole scene -- not just where your attention was initially directed/drawn during the first performance.
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
To be fair to Jerry, he didn't tell me to remove the video. He emailed me his opinion and pretty much left it to me to decide whether to remove it or not. I think we should keep in mind that it's been a long time since he released his material to the masses and during this time he has changed his opinion with regards to magic, secrets etc. I respect Jerry's opinion and took it upon myself to remove the video.

Inigmntoya makes a valid point above.
Mel

M

Mel
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Fair enough. Like I said, I'd have done the same. Just wondered really. Interestingly, this thread prompted me to pull out some of Jerry's stuff.... I
wouldn't know how to upload to you tube, even if I wanted to. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Cards on the Table Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL