The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Using a timer for readings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Now you got me seeing an Ipad on a stand with a virtual hourglass simulation Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
In a psychic fair environment, I use a sand timer.... 30 readers in a small room with timers going Beep beep beep gets annoying after a while.

In an entertainment environment, I am pretty good at self timing, and keep it short, and have a few techniques for making it obvious that our time is up and the reading is finished. Never had a problem there.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Quote:
On 2010-12-22 16:15, leapinglizards wrote:
In a psychic fair environment, I use a sand timer.... 30 readers in a small room with timers going Beep beep beep gets annoying after a while.

In an entertainment environment, I am pretty good at self timing, and keep it short, and have a few techniques for making it obvious that our time is up and the reading is finished. Never had a problem there.

Dean, I hear ya brother.

Everyone has their own way of bringing their readings to a close. The method I use is very simple and is the one that works for me. It took some experimenting in the begining of course but after many years and performances it never fails me.

The method I use is a very calculated, definitive formula that brings closure to the reading. In the final minute I begin my wrap up which starts by thanking them for their time with me and summing up the key points of the reading so they can remember the most important elements. I then allow for a brief question which is based on the reading if they have one (they don't always) or if they need clarity on any elements. I can answer it pretty darn quick (under 30 seconds)and I finally shake their hand as a last term of endearment as I wish them a beautiful life with a warm and sincere tone of voice and smile.

I thoroughly enjoy doing Tarot and Palm readings as it is a wonderful departure from performing magic which I love to do of course, but it also is a great endevour into humanity and sociology.

Tony

Click here to view attached image.
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Using a timer for readings (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL